showers

pete bennell

all,

I know that this is a bit sad, especially when you read all the great reports about fantanstic rides you've all been doing this weekend, but my incapacity :-( has kept me off the bike and limited to doing up the club room - I have a couple of questions for you before i go any further with the showers.

The current plan is to have two shower cubicles attached to the relative Changing Rooms in what was the old Gents shower area(we have already broken through to provide access from the ladies) :-

a) does anybody want showers or would ever use them or should the room be used as general changing area?

B) would you prefer the two cubicles to be one shower and one changing for common use Oh ya dancer ! (guys - there would be lockable doors so no "mistakes" could happen! :oops: ) or a shower in each ?

Any thoughts would be welcome before we spend any more time and money.

Cheers,

Property pete

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Pete

sorry to hear about your 'incapacity' - didn't realise you were still off the bike - hope you're able to get your leg over....the cross bar soon :lol:

As an infrequent user of the club rooms, I personally see no need for loads of showers. One would be quite sufficient surely?

Most folk get showered at home anyway. After a long ride - say a reliability - if folk are going back to the club rooms, then washing facilities will suffice until they can get home.

GWS

Darryl

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Pete,get well soon.Has wee Baldy fixed that roof yet?.I am in the same boat as Darryl as regards the showers,maybe the regular folks down there have something to say?.

Dougie,

I'm not quite sure who you mean by "wee baldie" but I understand from Kenny that the roof work has been completed - by whom I know not!

Pete

• Members

Pete

with hopefully new indoor equipment being installed ready for next winters exertions, 2 showers - one in each toilet would be favoured solution. Especially if regular testing is going to take place as part of coaching set up. When testing is taking place there are always riders waiting to go on machine or waiting for results/or see what friends have done.

Plus polo players could freshen up following a hard chukka or two.

Showers in old days were used for winter training sessions and races which used clubrooms as headquarters - Monkeyhouse circuit/tour of shire ( the good auld days)

ps in our history there is a cut out from cycling weekly circa 1930s wich shows our toilet with a gas water heater and bath - the first of it kind in Scotland a club with proper washing facilities ;-)

New member I know but I would appreciate a shower after the circuits / turbo session on a Tuesday night.