Social Ride Sun 3rd June

Tony

• Life Members

Excellent day of cycling today over to Dunoon!

An early 8.00am start at the club room with Campbell, Boyde, Dominic, Hugh & myself heading towards Kilmalcolm on the track where we meet Paul C, Greig & Fergus (who had to fix a bent chain before we set off again) and motored towards Gourock aided by a tail wind, to try & catch the 9.30am ferry.

Luckily we got there with time to spare where we were joined by Richie, Ken Mac & Richard plus the 4 Paisley Velo Riders of Ian McCauly, Stevie, Garry & Danny. But no sign of Jody or Ross.

It was at this point that Boyde continued on round the coast for a solo Largs run, hope you had a good one!

However we had to board the ferry regardless, only to see Jody & Ross appearing desperately just as the ferry was about to set sail ........ close call!

So, 17 riders headed round as a tight bunch tackling first the climb out of Loch Tarsan and then the dreaded C11. Man that C11 is a beast of a climb. Well done to Jody, Ross, Dominic, Hugh & our 4 Paisley Velo friends as this was their first time over this. Unfortunately Ross punctured half way up & Richard (always the gentleman) went back down to lend the boy a hand.

A quick decent to Otter Ferry then cruising along Loch Fyne to our cafe stop at Strachur, where we were joined again by Ken Mac who took the sensible alternative route. No comfy chairs though as the cafe was too busy to accomendate 16 hungry cyclist, instead we had our orders outside in picnic fashion.

Fed & watered, we proceed back to Dunoon with everyone doing their spells on the front. We just made it in time to catch the 2.45pm ferry ........ Sorry Ken, we did a runner & I hope you got back ok!

Back on the mainland but still a few miles to go yet for a bunch of us, some went up the Clune while the rest soldiered on back to Erskine & Renfrew before a brief stop at Bishopton for some snacks. After that thanks to Richard for leading the 3 of us back to Govan where we said our final goodbye......no hugs though! :grin:

115 miles on my Garmin when I got home.

Thanks to everyone for a splendid run today!

Oh, we bumped into Al Yullie in his car on his way to Dunoon for a crossing to the Race in Millport. Hope you guys had a good one!

Cheers