Anyone for Arran?

Dougie Da Rosa

Following a recent discussion with some of the members it was decided that we would have a wee end of season swaree to Arran in October.The preffered date is the 3rd and the plan would be to meet at Bird then ride early morning to Ardrossan for ferry.On arrival at Brodick we would dump our bags and ride around island then return to accomodation.Dinner at night and some refreshments :? then bed before rising an hour later for brekkie :oops: and another ride round island again before ferry and ride home :cry: .I have provisional option on rooms at Auchrannie country club through a friend at the cost of 105 for room for 3 including brekkie and use of facilities.I will need numbers before I can confirm rooms,or if anyone has other options which they can organise please let me know.Can interested parties post me a note to confirm interest. Thanks,Dougie.

dougie,

count me in mate for this!!!!!!!!

i hope the guys that are interested please let dougie know asap as his good friend (who will be serving free refreshments aw night) will need a count of bods that are staying the night!!!!!!

p.s. andy mac has managed to loose 2 yes 2 water bottles in 1 day including 1 of mine ya bass!!!!

i said i would not say anything but andy im sorry its just to good not to mention it !!! :twisted:

so no 1 give mr pc plod i cant find ma waaaaater bottles faw aff ma bike mcdonald a loan of yer bottles

cheers

blom.

ahh maybe pc knock aw the bottles mcdonald is stashing them all somewhere???

i think its time for the real police to take a look into this matter its time for jim brogan and his c.i.d. mates.

god help that police training joint when andy's up running about with his shaved legs and a bike turbo attached to his end.

andy ,

no need to reply.

im sure you will think off something.

kenny we where thinking about painting r e t r o on the george tn rd what do you think.

johan

ok dougie loud and clear mate im cool with that date.

if we are planning on leaving the bird n hand and andy mac turns up(if he has the bottle) i hope every1 will have a reserve tank of water by the side :lol::lol:

sometimes andy's bottle crashes you know :)

andy im sorry buddie but after the pasting

cheers stevie

Yo guys.Im sorry to say but the accomodation in Arran is no longer available due to a member requesting the rooms so Im afraid that we will have to cancel.It is out of my control and I tried to get somewhere else but to no avail.Can I suggest we make it late October say the 25th?If I can get some feedback on interested parties then I can properly reserve the rooms in time,maybe even cheaper at that time.If this is the school week let me know.Dougie. :roll:

Hi dougie

25th oct is great for me, although it might noise up the Bicycle Polo commissar :oops: At this rate with all the rescheduling it'll be the Arran Xmas special :? Who can lend me snow chains for my winter bike? :P Last year Mr. S Leckie and I stayed at a hotel / indian restaurant (better than it sounds!) in Brodick that had loads of rooms, and a secure space to keep bikes. Sharing a room was about £18pp. Cant find the name of it on the internet.. I'd need to call the tourist board. Alternately theres always the Lochranza youth hostel (£10 a night, rooms available according to internet). Your the man dougie... if you say its the 25th, we're going then :D

SD

Hi Dougie

25th is not the school week- that starts on the 11th. Us teachers have our holidays emblazoned in our minds and we never forget them (some might say we do well not to considering there are so many!!!)

Cheers

Stephen L

PS - Count me out for the arran trip- I'm finished cycling for the year and am in lazy sh*te mode

There's no end to my talents Kenny... just wish cycling was one of 'em!!!

I suppose I have to confess to being an "under the thumb" bloke like George when it comes to getting my DIY done... only without the pink romper suit.

Am being treated to a hol in Gran Canaria in two weeks for all my hard work so well worth it... and there wont be a bike in sight!!. And anway, being a bloke with commitments does have it fun side.... :wink:

Enjoy Arran guys and take it easy

Stephen L