Fenwick APR

P McDonald

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

race Report

Could not have asked for better weather last Saturday. met David at Lugton and the two of us rode to Fenwick. our route included the Clunch hill where the race finished.. Paul was supposed to meet us but he was running a tad late though somehow got to Fenwick before us.

I was in group 2. the only other person I knew was Gavin Thomson a friend from Glasgow Tri Club and who is also a member of Glasgow nightiing gale . he was complaining about his lack of fitness etc. He then proceeded to lead our bunch out at a cracking pace from Fenwick towards Newton means. we were riding into a headwind and we did a cracking hain gang with everyone doing their share. we then turned left and left again this time heading up hill on the quarry road.A hh!!! . my time to get slowly but surely shelled. AT the top of Clunch hill I saw 2 riders just ahead of me and tried to close on them to try and get shelter from headwind for lap 2. no luck they had mechanical. headed towards Newton means for second time but this time with no bunch to shelter in. was tough but in the last third of this section Paul McDonald appeared with the guy from Glasgow south who I had dropped earlier ( cheers Paul ) anyway the 3 of us worked together we picked up a Glasgow ivy rider on the way and then turned left and once more up quarry hill. Bye bye Paul. thought I was fighting for last place with the Glasgow south rider and I managed to hold him off by 30 secs. turns out a few more behind me. remember Gavin Thomson you got it he won.

if you do not hold the bunch you are in big trouble so try and hang on as long as you can.

whilst I got a doing did better than I did on this course lastyear when I got dropped in neutralised zone

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Charlie - you are bang on - if you get dropped from bunch its normally curtains.

Also - I think you stole my race report - my group also rode hard into the headwind up to Newton Mearns - I also got pumped up the quarry hill with another guy who then punctured leaving me last man on road then I picked up some riders including your good self. Thereafter enjoyed riding in the glorious sunshine but frustrated at lack of climbing legs.

Oh ya dancer !