See you later...

lancelogan

Well winters here nad since I have the enviable combination of saving for a wedding and don't really have space for a 4th bike in the hoos I won't be on the road in the winter.

I'll be keeping an eye on the bunch in the meantime and have been in touch with a 94 year old former member who wants to come down to the clubrooms so i'll be bringing him down.

If there are any days out with MTBers coming up i'll probably come along.

Until the spring... :icon_mooning

Mark, as a Ridley Orion owner who only has one road bike I have ridden it through the last 3 winters. The first without mud guards and last 2 with the new Crud ones. Your frame is carbon (essentialy plastic), and therefore a more sensible material for the winter than any type of metal or metal alloy. All the components are alloy with a weather proof finish otherwise they would corrode with due to our normal crappy "summer" weather. I wash my bike down after every wet ride summer or winter and except from a little salt leeching at the lowest spoke hole an each wheel after a very wet ride have never had any problems with corrosion or siezed fittings in 3 years. My wheels I view as wear and tear replaceable items due to the brake wear so the leeching and any associated corrosion is not too much to worry about.

What I'm trying to say is just get out and ride!