Intermediate Bunch Sunday 16th Oct 0915

Tony

Hi

thinking we might do the Fenwick/Neilston run that was planned for 2nd October (the day of much rain):

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/717393

...it's 44 miles. Cycle-track, Beith, Barrmill, Stewarton, Fenwick, old A77, Malletsheugh, Neilston, Gleniffer Braes. Back in Johnstone for 1230-1300.

We might need to single up on the bit between Malletsheugh and Neilston as it is a proper singletrack road with blind summits etc. Also be careful descending Holehouse Brae in Neilston, it is quite steep and ends at a staggered crossroads on the A736 which is a road that must be treated with respect.

Thanks

Tony

Len

we should be passing through Lochwinnoch about 0940 I would think. I wouldn't worry about the group-riding thing there's not a lot to it. You could maybe meet us in Lochlip Rd or next to the the playpark, as we are heading along the track towards Kilbirnie (but cutting off at Beith).

Thanks

Sorry to have lost you today - it all started with the need for a pit stop! :icon_redbounce

Brian kindly waited at the roundabout at Stewarton but we couldn't see anyone at the lights and I unfortunately took us the wrong road over to Fenwick/cycle path. Worked out we had gone the wrong way so wended our way back via Barrhead.

I know all this sounds like an elaborate plan to avoid the Gleniffer Braes - it worked beautifully and was worth the puncture! Hope you all had a good run and got round hassle free. Sorry Brian and thanks again.

I won't be about for the next few weekends as on holiday but will look forward to joining up for some of the runs from mid-November.

Mary

Sounds like you went down the unclassified road that goes to Kilmaurs? That would explain a lot - we waited at the top of the hill outside Stewarton (on the B-road that goes to Fenwick) but couldn't see anyone - I went back down to the bottom but still couldn't see anyone - we concluded that you had decided to go straight on at the lights & head for home early via Newton Mearns or Barrhead....

Sounds like you went down the unclassified road that goes to Kilmaurs? That would explain a lot - we waited at the top of the hill outside Stewarton (on the B-road that goes to Fenwick) but couldn't see anyone - I went back down to the bottom but still couldn't see anyone - we concluded that you had decided to go straight on at the lights & head for home early via Newton Mearns or Barrhead....

Indeed we did. Nothing like a bit of (mis) adventure to keep up the excitement - our route back took us through places I've only ever seen on a map....

Thanks to everyone for waiting - hope it wasn't for too long.

Good day, though, and great to see a big bunch(es) out...

Brian

Thanks for letting me tag along. Was good to get invoved (a bit) in a bunch.

I lost sight of everyone on Gleniffer and headed home via Howwood. I tried to catch those in front and in doing so lost those behind and then lost myself. Got home safe though and look forwrd to the next time I can make it.

Please feel free to tell me where I should be in the bunch and when it is my turn to go at the front.

Nice route Tony and good to get the pace up on the A77.

See you next time I have a sufficiency of brownie points. Will bring the other bike with guards etc.

Len