Back to cycling..

HMC

Hey folks,

I have just joined The Bunch forum, I am returning back to cycling after a lay off of about 5 years. I have done a wee bit this summer but looking to get back into it a bit more seriously. I was thinking of joining the 30 milers run maybe not this Sunday but the Sunday after. I am from far flung Largs btw. I used to do a lot of cycling back in the day and was relatively fit but am now looking to lose weight, get fit and hopefully meet new people.

Its mostly road biking I do but have been known to get the mtb out on occasion for a blast around the trails for a change. I can make it out any day of the week, morning, noon or evening.

Anyway will keep an eye on the forum and hope to see you the following Sunday…cheers

Aye Richie, its me. Made it eventually...ha ha ha..

Looking forward to getting back out on the bike, i will see if i can get a few miles in during the week so i dont look like a plum getting dropped from the group.

cheers for the welcome.. :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Welcome Harry.

Sounds like the 30 milers would be great place to start and test your fitness levels.

If you are fom Largs, you have probably seen many of us sitting around in the cafes in Largs, especially during cold, wet winter days. :lol:

Hope to see you around. :grin:

Cheers,

R

Hi Ramsay, yea i am pretty sure i have seen yous about the place, hanging about in the Bagel Basket or that other place near the prom.

Unfortunately there isnt any clubs near me so, do you have any other member from largs or immediate vicinity?

cheers..

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am still trying to get out for a ride on a Sunday but i am a bit confused (which doesnt take much i admit)..

we have 3 regular bunches,

the main bunch, the intermediate bunch and the 30 milers? Do these run throughout the winter?

Was thinking of joing the 30 milers to see how i get on but does this run every sunday even if its not posted on the organised runs forum or is it done thru PM?

cheers

Harry

Harry,

Bunches run throughout the winter on all but the worst of days. Try the 30 milers for size then the intermediate.

Proposed runs will be up it can get congested though! Hope to see you out on the road soon,

cheers Kenny i will be there at the earliest opportunity!

30 milers out this sunday guys hope you can make it

greig

cheers greig, despite all the stuff i just said, i wont be able to make it til another 2 weeks at the earliest...currently out of the country... :-( but when i am home i will def be there!