Intermediate Group Sunday 7th Aug 09:15

Paul C

I have started a new topic to avoid the confusion caused by my reference to Easy Riders in a previous post.

Intermediate group is riding Loch Thom/Largs route proposed by Tony (see his link to biketoaster).

We will leave at 09:15 to avoid clashing with 30-miler start at 09:00.

Coffee stop in Largs.

return options are Haylie Brae or for those who wish to extend the run = Fairlie Moor/Dalry.

Paul C

Circumstances have changed and I can come out now - but only for a couple of hours, need to be home by 11:30 or so. I'll bail out before Greenock and head home via South Newton, Lochwinnoch, maybe a wee detour thru Beith, up the Golf Course road, Belltrees.

The forecast for tomorrow morning is confusing - dire according to the Met Office, OK according to the BBC and Accuweather.

0700 - rain is on and doesn't look like stopping.

Having spent all day yesterday looking after the kids, I'm keen to get out, so will probably still go out for a couple of hours (as described above) but I certainly wouldn't blame anyone else for not bothering.

Good run this morning thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the light drizzle. Only 4 bodies though - Paul, Ian, Tony and myself. Think the 30 milers had better turn out.Shame on those that opted for the duvet! Cracking run back into Kilbirnie from the top of the Haylie. Ian your looking pretty strong at the moment and wouldn't look out of place in the main bunch. Enjoyed

our tussle for the last 30 - great fun.

Cheers guys

Mark

The Four Bikateers had a damp start. Tony peeled of at the top of the Whin to head home leaving me, Mark and Ian to soildier on.

Mark had a close encounter of the woolly kind.

Question : With thousands of hectares to run around on why do sheep stand in the middle of the bloody road!!

Very welcome cafe break at the Bagel Basket. The waiter asked where was Chung was because he had got in some special oak-smoked bacon bacon for his roll!

Up to that point rain had been light but upon leaving the cafe it decided to chuck it doon. Strachur all over again!!

Put to shame as as we parted from Mark at Kilbirnie - EIGHT Fullarton Wheelers passed us heading home.

Paul

Paul

I passed you on the cycle path heading for Kilbirnie, you and a another were heading to Lochwinnoch. I had decided to give it a miss for 9.15, but later in the morning decided to head for largs got as far as the Haylie and decided to turn back before going down it, the rain was bouncing down, on return to Paisley it was quite dry just like when I left!!.

Alas my wife had nipped out, locking me out, I had left my shed door unlocked so decided to seek refuge before getting to cold, of course when I opened the door the house alarm went off, making the dog to go mental!!.

A complete miserable day.

John.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alas no. But then through the poor climatic knowledge of my parents i was born in the wrong country. What can i say, if it pisses down when i ride the ToB sportive, c'est la vie. But since i rode yesterday I didn't feel the need to get sodden today........... besides the bed was very comfortable and I was still tired. 8-)

Tom