Eddie Morgan RR July

P McDonald

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul, David.

Just to let you both know that i have withdrawn from the Eddie Morgan RR. I stupidly double booked myself on sunday with a TT in Irvine. Given my current form i decided that i would fare better in the TT so i've gone for that.

I emailed Scot 'skinnytyres' organiser and now maybe Charlie could get my place?

Anyway, best of luck to you guys, Av' it large!

Ben

• 2023 Subscriptions

Race today was pretty frantic at during the first 25 miles as is often the case, with some eyeballs out moments. Mixture of sunshine and showers as they say in all the best weather forecasts. 4 JWCC participated with David T, Charles, William and moi.

Full field of 80 riders took to the lumpy and twisty course and I ended with 24mph average which is fast on a course like this.

I ended up a annoyed at myself coz I was in the final group of 35 or so going for 2nd (hats off to the guy who rode off the front with 5 to go and stayed away till the end) and due to lack of strength had to sit in the wheels on the run in and ended up 3rd row in a very tight, handlebar bashing and elbow clashing group hoping for a gap to open in the sprint which was basically 6 wide and 5 deep. The gap didn't open so that was that. No one gave up any space so I ended up crossing the line without getting out the saddle like many others. Mince - I need to some serious intervals in :grin: Good to be racing as always.

I'll let the other guys report their races.

Oh ya dancer !

My first ever real RR enjoyed every minute of it was feeling good then the neutralised zone finished, made the mistake of taking a drink and looked up to notice i was 10m of the back so plan b cam into force TT and hope I can catch somebody. fortunately i saw a back of a jersey i never really see Mr C who slowed enough for me to catch we continued working together and eventuallly saw some other riders which we caught after the first lap we had a small group of five which soon became 3 me Charlie and some lad from Fife we continued on to the end where Mr C put in an effort on a climb to drop me but the Fifer didnt help and i managed to get back on and take the lead for the last mile.

Having been mugged before i waited to 200m from the line to go for the sprint which i managed to hold so I think i was about an inch in front of charlie over the line mind you i did have to shut the door on him as he tried to power through the middle.

Great fun and looking forward to the next one Leason learned need to find another 2/3 mph diet start tommorow after the Crona

The scores are now tied 3 all.

Just a point for thiose who are thinking about having a go at Racing have a bash the worst thing that can happen is that you finish last, but a least you tried. :-P:-PHello, beer !!

Big training effort through this winter anybody up for it