Raid Arran photo link

simon simpson

Thanks to Dougie for organising the weekend and to David McGunson for visionary timetabling to see the event through.....

hope you all enjoyed it today..

by the way there was salt on the road up the String so beware all you 'dirty carbon forkers'!!!

photos should be on my homepage @

http://homepage.mac.com/simonsimpson1/PhotoAlbum5.html

you SHOULD be able to pull individual ones from there....

It also operates a slide show....

They are also in my Public folder (about 1 M B each)

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/File ... US&lang=en

Hope this helps

SS

ps

On principle I don't individually photograph anyone who beats me up a hill....

• 2024 Subscriptions

In the middle of all the excitement generated by Kat's exploits at the Nationals ( 8-) ) a group of us slipped away for a couple of days on Arran. Everyone turned up at Ardrossan, most on race bikes :roll: with rucksacks, expecting a day of luggage- free cycling once over the water. However, things didn't work out quite like that as the ferry had broken down. With there being no guarantee that it would be fixed, we had no choice but to get to Arran the hard way :shock:

So, a squad of 11, complete with luggage, cycled up to Weyms bay and over to Bute. From there we got the ferry to the Cowal and then we got the ferry from Portavadie to Tarbert followed by a mad dash :smash for the boat from Clonnaig over to Lochranza. All that was left was a wee hill called The Bogle :rockets and we were there :lol:

Despite the 100+ miles recorded on some cyclocomputors, all agreed it was an excellent days riding. There were some sore legs (heads Hello, beer !! ) the next day, but all managed another ride to end a great weekend.

Thanks to Mr DeRosa for organising the thing and Simon (David) Simpson for the photographic record :grin:

must do it again in the spring...

cheers

McG

Well-done to everyone

I dont remember an occassion when such a nightmare and a really hard day of biking was met with positive good spirits and cameraderie.

Whilst everyone responded brilliantly to the undoubted challenge I would personally like to thank Dougie (for organising) , Alan Y (for bravery) and the Panier-aria team of Daryll (whose positive attitude developed a workable but painful Plan Z) and Simon (for the foties)..

Springtime,, aye ma bahookie might have recovered by then :angryfire:angryfire

. There were some sore legs (heads Hello, beer !! ) the next day, but all managed another ride to end a great weekend.

all true but only fair to point out that my ride the next moring was all the way to ferry (about 1/2 mile) and I didn't sit in the saddle once :-?

Thanks to all for a great weekend and for a positive attitude right to the end.