Sunday 14th

Ramsay

• Members

Did a half-nine bunch go out this morning, Ramsay? I was stuck at work till midnight on Saturday and couldn't face the early rise. When I did eventually surface, I headed over the bridge for a back-road tour of Renfrewshire/North Ayrshire. Not much chance of bumping into anyone, I know, but I did have a quick look in a couple of cafes - just in case. Nae luck, though. So - out of interest - if I'd dragged myself over to Miller Street for 9:30, would anyone else have been there?

Richard,

A 9:30 bunch did indeed go out. Ramsay, Paul McD, Greg, Bill and myself met at the clubhouse on a fresh morning and headed along the track to Glengarnock, Bill peeled off to go on a solo run to Brisbane Glen - picked a cracking day for it - whilst the rest of us went for a short blast around local roads.

Highlight for me was a bout of proper through and off chaingang style riding around part of the Barmill circuit, it was a reality check for me in terms of pace and technique and for as long as I could keep up I really enjoyed it.

There was obvioulsy some talk regards this at the AGM but my tuppence worth is that more of this should be taking place and the Barmill circuit is an ideal local place for it - improve bike handling, discipline and fitness I'm all for it - who else?

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was an excellent day for it today and the 15 min line out was excellent. I don't think Davie realised it but the difference between hanging on for the last few mins is only a few training sessions away - we didn't go any faster, we were just able to hold it for longer. Also - I was near max and I know the other guys were too.

Conclusion - I am really up for more of this and happy to organise/facilitate. At this time of year these efforts are good but should be kept short so as not to empty the tank and peak in January. It's a great opportunity to learn the craft of though and off so when you ride on the limit you will do the right thing naturally (and safely)

When I propose next Saturday's run I will build in an element of this for those interested.

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !