A weekend of minor misfortunes!

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Following on from Paul's post in respect to punctures etc, I thought I'd share my weekend of mixed fortunes.

Saturday was meant to be spent racing at the Barmil APR. After sign in and warm up, I got to the line, only to find my inner tube sticking out the side of my nearly new tyre! Jim Daly noticed it and as he touched it, it blew! Jim then very kindly gave me a lift home to get my winter bike, so I could at least have s spin round to watch the race - thanks again Jim!

Sunday was a day without misfortune on the bike, and in fact it was a great ride. Darryl, Paul and myself went down to Dalry, over the Fairlie moor (rather quickly!) and then stopped in Largs for a coffee and a good chat. We then headed back up the Haylie and onto the track at Lochwinnoch, where we met up with Rita (and someone else Paul & Darryl knew), then Iain Manson (and friend) and finally met a former colleague and saw Howie. So a pleasent and social 65miles.

Monday was a morning of DIY followed by a couple of hours out in the sun on the bike. I got to Bridge of Weir/Kilmacolm area and a spoke on my relatively new back wheel broke. Normally probably not too serious, but on a 20 spoke wheel when you are 6'3" not so good! It would hardly turn even with the brakes fully loosened, so i had to get rescued! It was a lovely day to have to walk two miles in my road shoes to meet my rescuer!

Net result from the weekend is that I need a new tyre and a wheel re-built, but it could have been worse (either could have happened coming down off the Fairlie moor at 40mph!)

C'est la vie.

Ramsay