Hilly TT

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

It is this Saturday, the start is on the bottom road in Langbank. There is no problem with parking, you can can park anywhere around the Langbank Lodge/Hungry Monk, or whatever it's called now....The start is only 100 or so from the pub.....

Ian.... :grin:

Crawled out of my bed far too early for a Saturday and made my way down to Langbank for the Hilly TT. To say there was a fair breeze is an understatement. It felt like I was cycling uphill, through sand on my way over the Erskine Bridge. It also rained a couple of times for good measure.

Upon arrival at Langbank I caught sight of the familiar figure of Mike Ferguson. It looked like he was making his way up the road. A quick discussion and a realisation we were to be the only ones to attend today. We made the best of it with a run out to the Port of Glasgow and an acsent of the Clune Brae, Kilmacolm, Bridge of Weir, Johnstone where Mike and I parted. Then Glasgow and home for me.

I'll be honest, I wasn't desperately looking forward to a punishing hilly 10 mile test against the clock but the date has obviously clashed with those racing and those of training this weekend. Will it be rescheduled at all?