Weekend 21/22 November 2009

stuart10ant

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi

After a couple of spin sessions and short runs on my own, i think i'm almost ready to go out with others. Looking for someone who does not mind going slow and will wait at the top of hills for me. Stuart mentioned weekend runs and I was wondering what was happening this weekend. I'm also on leave from friday for 2 weeks if anyone is available for a cycle with a slow old bird let me know.

Kay Tennant ( Stuart's mum) ;-)

• Committee

Hi Kay

There would usually be a couple of groups going out but I suspect the weather forecast might put a lot of people off.

Can you please give us some idea of how far you might like to go? Can you, for instance, cycle for 30-60 mins without stopping? Do you have a road bike or a flat-barred bike? No problems with a flat-barred bike but they are a wee bit slower

I am sure someone reading this will be happy to meet up.

Regards

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Alan Stamina should not be a problem as at present I run/jog and I can cycle for 60 min plus without stopping. Speed is more the issue. I'm also nervous on roads with cars, so need to work on confidence, been a while since i done my cycling profissionsy. Have been on road a couple of times with Stuart, or at least I think it was him in the distance.

After much nagging from Stuart I have invested in a road bike and now feel it should see a road and not just the cycle track.

I agree dont think there will be much cycling this weekend, not without wellies and oars.

Janza. Tony

Would be great if you/ your wife are available for a cycle. I work shifts but happy to go out when I'm off. Also off from Friday 20th Nov to Sunday 6th Dec, and free most of those days. look forward to happy cyling.

Thanks Kay. :grin: