IMPORTANT - New Server for Website

KennyS

Over the next few days the JWCC website, including The Bunch, will be moved to a new server.

We're not planning on any extended outage on The Bunch but there may be some as we ensure the whole database is moved over.

JWCC Email Addresses

If you have an @johnstone-wheelers.co.uk email account please note that this will stop working as soon as we make the switch. If you have one of these accounts please send me a PM with the details of this account and also the email address to which your email is being forwarded to. Unfortunately I am not in a position to check what has previosuly been set up with regards to these accounts

Not sure if this feature will be immediately available with the new server. At present we're trying to get a handle on how many of these exist

If anyone experiences any problems with the switch please send me a PM or post below

KennyS

Update

Some downtime today for The Bunch but we're now on the new server.

The old website has also been copied over and is available through the usual address www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk In general the move has been successful but there are a few blips / lnks which may not work. We're not planning on spennding time on these as the focus is on the new website.

The new-look website will be rolled out over the next few weeks. It will include a few features which require Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Opera (8,9 or10). Pretty much anything recent but definitely not IE 6.0 which Kenny Mac is currently running on his zx spectrum

Might be worthwhile having an update of your browsers over the next few weeks

If you're running a Mac I'd be interested in talking to you in order that we can check the new site on that. Not expecting any problems though. Please send me a PM

Any probs let me know

• 2023 Subscriptions

If one, was say to be browsing on line, err at work, for example :shock: , and the IT department

have ensured that the browser compares with Kenny, IE 6, will we, I mean ,

would one be unable to view the site or would it just be some fancy bits?

all hypothetical ye know

duncan (not at work, no, certainly not)

I wonder if this is adequate reason for a new computer Hello, beer !!

• Members

och well I spoke with Calum in IT today and he said If we get his uncle Hector to move the ariel a wee bit to the left of the byre we chust might get a signal. This all depends on Lachie Mor as he has the ball of string as he was mending cousin Rachels threshing machine as the cat got stuck in it at auntie Morags funeral?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny

new site looks great - well done that man! I specially like the CX focus in the gallery. What a handsome bunch of chaps.

one small point - the weblink at the top of this page needs updated (the one that says "Visit the website!"). It's still linking to the old page.

cheers,

Mul

Yo all, what a great site... :shock: thought my compooter had been hacked and upgraded. Still around and getting limited mileage in but not what it should be :oops: Shoulder great , no op required.. hope to be out soon again with 'bunch' but early sundays dont appeal the same at this time of year...May post for a beginners /returnees type run from clubrooms 10.00 hrs ....some day soon. Hello, beer !! Seasons greetings to all.. Ian. :grin:

ps ,,Presume wellies, sorry mean muddies are the order of the day now ?