TLI Race Barmill 10th May

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks Paul for organising a great race, and thank you to all the marshalls/drivers/support crew who essentially allowed me to race. Also thanks to Kenny MacD for picking up my bottle, which I then lost again on the last lap (must try and get tighter bottle cages).

It was another race for learing a lot! I started with Paul and Jim in the second group and we reasonably quickly caught the first group, which Greg was riding in.

Not long after Paul had punctured, a small breakaway formed and held about a 10 - 20 second gap. As it was only about half distance, I didn't want to jump over to the breakaway (when they started), because I thought that they wouldn't stay away! Basically several thoughts were going through my head:

1 - It's too far out and they won't have the legs to hold on. (not sure why I thought this!)

2 - Our bigger group will catch them. (Hadn't banked on most of our bigger group not being willing to work together!!)

3 - When the scratch group catch us i'll jump on for a ride back up the the leading group. (Aye right!! Despite a lot of effort over threequarters of a lap or so, the guys coming through from the scratch group just had that little bit extra to continously accelerate away and make a gap I eventually couldn't bridge! I was the last of the group they dropped though!)

Anyway, came home in the middle of the second group. Legs a bit sore after probably doing a bit too much at the front (in an attempt to get some others to do some work, or to drop them!) and a bit too much trying to stick with the scratch guys.

Really good fun and looking forward to the next one already. Was good to have some club mates around as well, although we never really managed to work as a team or anything as fancy as that.

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just to keep you in the picture

Sunday 17th was too short notice for many. So Sun 31st has been pencilled in at 10.30am to give some notice.

I've started an email distribution list for this so if you want to send me your current email address it I can keep you up to date. My email is [email protected].

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !