Sunday 5th April- lazy boy (and girl) run

simon simpson

I propose a Sun run

meet clubrooms for 9.15 for 9.20 depature sharp

if requested: (post this up)

Erskine Bridge South Side Hospital Car Park 10 am for pick up- if

then bishoptown

Bishopton , road above Langbank by Gleddoch House and Finlaystone to woodhall through Port and Greenock

Brisbane Glen to Largs

Cafe stop on Main Street

Haylie Brae

John's Hill

Home

distance: no idea

hilly-ness: flat and rolling with 2 half decent climbs

time: 4 1/2 -5 hours? no idea really since i don't know distance

usual rules- together on the flat / rolling

re-group on proper climbs top and bottom

who is up for it?

Simon, sounds like a good run.

Myself and Dave will join you. Will you be coming across the cycle path from Johnstone/Linwood and joining the Georgetown Road? If yes, we'll meet you at the Georgetown Rd T junction at 09.25/09.30.

Looking forward to it.

Ta,

Al.

ok guys

clubrooms

depart 9.20

onto cycle path to Morrisons

TR onto road to Houston through Houston TR @ roundabout and along Georgetown

TL at T junction at end (this might be about 9.40 but that's very approx.

Through RBT to Erskine along to Bridge

pick up at 10 at car park

if there before 10 we will wait until 10. If there after that's because we are slow or puncture etc etc

route then goes to Bishopton

Turning right up the road that's now one way whicvh your not meant to then straight over the x roads onto the country road.

I rode one way to Troon today 45 miles of misery into a headwind. It took me 1hour 15 to get on the cyclepath at Morrisons from Milngavie.

Kenny- if you are coming I intend to leave at 8am from the house

I may be running late because of the headwind and I am going out tonight - if you see a wobbly cyclist it might be me!

If I am not there just carry on on the way to the Georgetown and Erskine hospital and I'll be plodding along the other way.

Cheers

ss

good turn out today

regulars, returnees, newbies, accidentally bumped into us etc etc

16 or 18 bodies at times

three crashes (all low speed - one a comedy fall) two punctures (same wheel - check that rim tape) one great cafe stop and it didn't rain

mid fifties miles - 56 ?

average around 15 point something - everyone got round and the wind gave a great descent to Kilbirnie

next week- Easter Bunny is coming so I may not be out- time for a run up the bowfield into darkest ayrshire I think?

good to see so many out making a good effort

• 2023 Subscriptions

great day out today, thanks Simon for leading us out Hello, beer !! sorry to miss the cafe stop, but was already late at that point :-( 1st time up the Haily Brae for me, thanks to Frank for waiting at the top :grin: Roll on next week Oh ya dancer ! Didnt quite get the expected tail wind on way home :rockets Ian McG

Excellent run on Sunday with a great turn-out including the welcome return of Dennis! Good to see you back out. Thanks once again to Simon for an excellent marshalling of the troops.

P.S. Rumour has it that Chung could not finish his carrot cake on Sunday - is this part of his (secret) preparations for an assualt on the summer calander??

My thanks as well to Simon for a great run.

I checked the rim-tape on big Dave's wheel, after the 2nd puncture, and it appeared okay. Probably just the punishment his "excess" puts on that poor wee tyre.

Did I not see Chung scoff a Bacon Roll prior to the carrot cake though....where does he put it all :grin:

I'll be out again this Sunday...yeehaa Oh ya dancer ! .

Cheers,

Al.