Saturday 20th Dec

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Anyone have plans for a run on Saturday?

I'm up for a few hours of pedalling.

Darryl/Jim/Alan/Paul etc - Are you guys meeting at 9, then doing an hour before meeting up with the bogs bunch at 10?

Let me know if there are any plans. If not, then I'll head out myself at about 8-8.30 and might even manage to get a few hills in!

Ramsay

• Committee

Will be there.

Happy to go round coast and/or meet up with bogsters.

(I came through Houston tonight in blackness in the nastiest squall ever with thunder and lightning, expensive light set cutting through sheets of hail and sleet. I was feeling pretty tough until overtaken by Robert Wilson of the Mighty Kooriers and Renfrew Bogs' Run with a five quid, head torch, out for an evening spin. Maybe see you on Saturday Robert. We Joansins are all soft, I tell you.)

See you Saturday guys. Weather looks ok at present.

Alan

Guest Jim Daly

Anyone who previously thought that this run might be too quick for them should think again.

It's still only mid-December;

Ramsay is too intelligent to allow his HR to drift above 55%;

Matt has only one good leg ( Note: Matt, much better to be Oscar Madison than Felix Unger!)

I've only got one fully functioning lung;

Paul has spent so long off the bike, he's not sure what all the gears do;

Darryl doesn't like to spend a couple of minutes in the red-zone anymore;

Alan really isn't as tough as some think: His New Year Tri swim is indoors in a heated pool!

Recent curry run pace was only to boost the metabolism sufficiently to keep core body temperatures stable as a defence against the sleet.

I'm pleased to report that the forecast for Saturday morning on metcheck is excellent.

Jim :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well Matt you missed a Christmas cracker today. The 5 of us went round the coast via the Loch Thom route. In a phrase "As good as it gets"

Climbing Loch Thom there was an incident where PMcD broke his chain, was it because,

a) he activated his chain breaking device to escape the pain

B) the immense power output as he tried to surge past Ramsay

c) a crap chain

?

Looking forward to Wednesday already.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• Committee

Paul, Darryl, Jim, Ramsay and I had a great run to Greenock, Brisbane, West Kilbride with TWO cafe stops.

Bright sunshine and clear roads.

Top moment was Paul breaking a chain on the nightmare hairpins on the hill to Loch Thom. It gave us all a welcome rest. He claims his bike couldn't take his massive power.

Jim rode off the front on his single-speed and left us all gasping, superb and probably non-human performance. I've contacted WADA who suggest the club hire a blade runner to look for replicant tendencies. (He did ask for dog soup at the Lochwinnoch cafe, hmmm).

If this is winter then we want more.

Have a good Christmas.

Deckert

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim, with reference to your post above:

Anyone who previously thought that this run might be too quick for them should think again.

AYE RIGHT!

What Paul and Alan very kindly left out (above), was that after Largs I was doing absolutely everything I could just to hang on to the rest of them. I think the pace was generally being set by Jim, but I was usually too far away to see! It is the first time I have been properly (and repeatedly) dropped on a ride for a good while!

Would love to come out with excuses, but I don't have any. I just got my ass kicked! :oops:

Guess it really is time to get more miles in!! The winter lay off is officially over! :uzi

Cheers

Ramsay

P.S. - Next time round the coast, or similar, I must come up to Lochwinnoch for this second cafe stop you are all managing (assuming I haven't already eaten my handlebars just trying to hang on!).

P.P.S. - Almost certainly out on Friday (boxing day) morning for an early run. Will post during the week.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim, with reference to your post above:

AYE RIGHT!

What Paul and Alan very kindly left out (above), was that after Largs I was doing absolutely everything I could just to hang on to the rest of them. I think the pace was generally being set by Jim, but I was usually too far away to see! It is the first time I have been properly (and repeatedly) dropped on a ride for a good while!

Would love to come out with excuses, but I don't have any. I just got my ass kicked! :oops:

Guess it really is time to get more miles in!! The winter lay off is officially over! :uzi

Cheers

Ramsay

P.S. - Next time round the coast, or similar, I must come up to Lochwinnoch for this second cafe stop you are all managing (assuming I haven't already eaten my handlebars just trying to hang on!).

P.P.S. - Almost certainly out on Friday (boxing day) morning for an early run. Will post during the week.