25 TT series

• Members

Following some grumblings about the Uplawmoor course the old course used in past was muted as an alternative for these events.

Course :-

start at 10 start under bridge at Westferry turn at roundabout at Newark castle retrace to turn at roundabout and head back out to turn at Woodhall roundabout retrace to start and back out to Woodhall roundabout turn and finish at 10 finish on slip.

so its normal 10 course followed by two 7.5 mile loops.

Used very successfully in past ( although traffic was ligher in those days) and is a fast course .

comments???

Guest Jim Daly

Dreadfully wet, deep road surface water, huge amounts of road spray, near zero visibility, thunder and lightning, very dark and what may well have been near perfect time trialling conditions... 8-)

Thank you Jim and Colin, for braving the atrocious conditions as time recorders and starters. :grin:

We got confirmation tonight that Ian Grant is indeed a Johnstone Wheeler and very fast! Mike and Stevie Blom also rode well.

Unfortunately, Frank punctured but maybe he got a ten before the stoppage.

We now nervously await calibration of the time recording equipment and subsequent release of results... :-?

Wow what a dreadfull night!

Wish i had my aero helmet and TT Wheels on!!!

Big Well done has to go out to Ian Grant !Both of us Rode the Hilly hard ten Last night - but for Grant to do a 52 tonight was exceptional!What an effort this mans class at this distance. Hello, beer !!

I managed a high 53 according to my clock but Jim Dunlop got me down for a 54 dead. :grin:

Well done to all who completed it on a horrible evening.

Great Course Kenny its certainly a fast one.

Good training for the National in 10 days.

Big Thank you goes out to the Real hard men who had to stand for best part of an hour in the heavy rain!! Cheers Jim and Colin.

See you all at the Open 10 on sat night or 50 at fife sun.

Cheers,

Stevie

Yup. Very fast night despite the conditions. You didn't mention the thunder and lightening. I was worried about Colin's umbrella acting as a conductor as we stood on the finish line. Glad you were holding it Colin! :shock:

Anyway the times were...

Distance 10 17.5 25

1st Ian Grant 21.14 37.12 52.38

2nd Stevie Blom 22.05 38.16 54.00

3rd Jim Daly 23.23 39.54 56.12

4th Mike Ferguson 24.34 43.14 1.01.41

Excellent rides despite very wet conditions. Well done to all.

A quick mention also for Frank Kennedy who turned up at the last minute and bravely decided to ride despite the rain having turned to a deluge by then. Unfortunately he punctured and did not finish.

Special thanks to Colin who brought along a digital stop watch, and an umbrella.

Cheers,

Jim.

Fantastic rides by all in terrible conditions (well apart from the lack of wind.....)

I know cause when I drove out to get Frank I could hardly see and that was with windscreen wipers :shock:

Just to get on my soapbox a bit, last night definetly backed up something that Sean said at the time trial forum we had a while ago - a rear light is a good idea. Iain was hardly visible at all in Black ( just as well he was going so fast :lol: ) and the others were hardly any better due to the levels of spray. Based on what Sean said I have taken to riding with a small flashing red LED on my seatpost when time trialling even in good conditions and a few have commented that it is really effective. For those thinking of knocking this idea I would argue that the light is so small it won't affect your times and for only a fiver or so it could be a lifesaver Oh ya dancer ! I would suggest that this should maybe be a hard and fast rule for TT'ing especially on the West Ferry where we already have enough safety concerns to start from the opposite end. I will now dismount the box :smash

By the way Jim I have calibrated the watch (well checked it against teletext m :roll: ) and the times are good. Sorry Stevie I know you were fishing for a few more seconds to get a PB ;-)

Colin. Hello, beer !!

Guest Jim Daly

I'll claim that result as comfortably achieving my 2008 TT objectives of a 57' and a 21', courtesy of the split times for the last 15 miles. :grin:

If there's no more than about 25 in the bunch on Sunday, I'll celebrate by offering everyone their choice from the fancy cakes trolley. Oh ya dancer !