JWCC Barmill Race

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Please see below a post I put on the Braveheart site tonight after much pain with Scottish Water.

To the kind offers of assistance can I ask you to confirm by pm if you are still available so I can get organised - thanks again. Will need you at Barmill Hall for 9.30am latest or at Greenacres entrance at 10am - I plan to bring all the riders over from Barmill at 9.45am.

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Ladies and Gents

Please be aware of a course change due to the (alleged)incompetence of Scottish Water in removing traffic lights from the favoured circuit.

Fear not - youse will get another chance to ride the West of Scotland equivalent of Flanders as the race will now be run on the same course as the Super 6 earlier this year.

SAME STRIP - BARMILL HALL. BE THERE EARLY AS WE WILL DEPART ABOUT 9.45AM TO RIDE OVER TO THE NEW CIRCUIT.

I'll make up a number of laps on the day in the region of 5 which is about 40 something miles.

Designer carbon wheels not recommended - there are some 'rough' patches.

2 groups, over and under 40's - this could change depending on the weather.

Entry on day ok for me.

Weather as always has been pre arranged.

See you there

PMcD

• 2023 Subscriptions

Many thanks for your help today - you did the club proud. Excellent weather again - results posted on Braveheart site.

Marshalls - Darryl McG, Marco, Frank, Greg, Mike, Tony, Jim D, Greg & Ramsay

Alan for doing his lead driver for first time - and various other duties

Claire - McG's missus, for the banana cake which disappeared rapidly

Debbie - my missus, for the sandwiches which also zapped away

Mr O Ranter and his missus for continued support

Sorry if I missed anyone, so many appeared on the day.

ps - Anyone got a yellow sign that was posted at the corner (last one before finish) Jim Daly was stationed at? - it wasn't there when I went to get it in the afternoon.

Well done guys, lots of positive comment back at the strip.

Special wee thanks to Mike (I think) who rescued my 13 year old daughter when she punctured down the hill at Howwood on her way home. I owe you a tube !

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• Committee

Congratulations to Paul for an excellent event and also for his 2nd vet place !! :grin:. He clearly has his mojo back.

Highlight of the event was the huge cow on the single track on the second lap, nice farmer listened to my garbled pleas and herded it (can you herd one cow?) off the road PDQ.

Did anyone pick up my broom from the last corner? I'm having problems explaining its absence to my wife....

Paul

I've got the missing yellow sign (thought it had been abandoned). Also got a couple of race-marshal jerkins - mine and Frank's.

I can drop them off at your house tomorrow as I will be passing through Lochwinnoch around lunchtime, does that suit?

Tony