Sunday 23rd 9.30am Club Run

chung

Hi Guys,

I'm coming out to play too - if I can remember where I put my winter tights and overboots.!!! Certainly didn't need them in Majorca - we had a cracking JWCC Ladies cycling week. Shorts and short sleeves were order of the day and it was great to feel the sun on our backs. Here's a few pictures from our Sunday run last week!! (and a few others). Check out the size of that strawberry cake.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lscally1

Cheers,

Lesley

Nine of us left the clubroom - Chung, Mike, Frank (single freewheel, 150 inch gear), Lesley, Mark, Colin, David, myself and, for a few miles before he turned off, George.

We went over the Erskine Bridge, up the Kyber Pass, then across to Lennoxtown and up the Crow Road. A group of six climbed steadily and we all regrouped at the top, before descending to Fintry against a stiff wind.

Over to Killearn, where Mark, Colin and David (who did extremely well on what was only his second club run) deposited the others at a tearoom. But the Inn was full so we went over to Drymen and lay back in the conservatory enjoying soup, bacon rolls, cake, tea and coffee. Hello, beer !!

Then the 28 miles back to Johnstone, by which time we had covered about 75 miles. Back at the car at 4.40pm (the same day).

There were what must have been a record number of punctures (six), which probably held us back for over an hour. :-o

A good ride, in good company, on terrible road surfaces, :angryfire with reasonable weather for the time of year.

Dennis

Make that 7 punctures :rockets

After I sent mark and David on their way just before Bonhill as I was gubbed, I got my third puncture of the day :angryfire This time in the rear wheel.

Limped to Balloch where the MRS came to fetch me (probably just as well as I might not have made it back even without the puncture :oops: )

Saw the remainder of the bunch passing through Dumbuck as we were on our way to Duck Bay for easter lunch at 15.45 :roll:

Colin