Saturday Morning 8-12-07

Guest Jim Daly

Guest Jim Daly

8:50ish Bull's Garage, Bridge of Weir

9:10 Clubhouse, Millar St, Johnstone

10:30 Kilbirnie, or somewhere, or other, North Ayrshire

11:55 Back hame

Will try to catch Colin H but may run slightly late-ish...

Jim

Guest Jim Daly

I got to Clubhouse at 9:16... and, yeah, the forecast was spot on: very cold, wet, sleety, windy, etc.

Was at Bull's at 8:50 but had to return home up ranfurly for overshoes and then didn't hang about getting down to Johnstone. Down to Kilbirnie and on to Kilwinning by some interesting new roads - with freshly cut hedges...

Slow puncture a few miles short of Kilbarchan that I was not too keen on repairing. Limped to the main road and couldn't persuade any taxi companies to pick me up. Hands now too cold to repair. Eventually started walking!

Martin Mulhooligan, already acting as ambulance driver for Kenny, saved my life by picking me up just as hypothermia and frost bite got a good grip. Hello, beer !!

If I can be bothered repairing my puncture, I'll be back out Sunday morning for more of the same :grin:

Headed off down the track towards Kilbirnie at 09:00 atan easy pace. Got to Largs by 10:15 during which time weather wasn't too bad. However, after grabbing a 5 minute banana break and setting off again, the temperature dropped, it started to rain in sheets, headwind really got up and I found myself slogging it out all the way around the coast. Grim stuff. :rockets

Got to Port Glasgow at 11:45 by which time my fingers and toes were so cold that I thought I'd frostbite :cry: By this time I just wanted to get home the quickest way possible so decided to head up the Clune. However, it was all a bit too much for me and I ground to a halt halfway up. Had to hide in a bus shelter for a couple of minutes until I found the willpower to climb back on the bike.

Took the back road into Kilmacolm and cycletrack to Houston. Home by 12:40 feeling awful. Much madness.

So, who's out for a run tomorrow? :shock:

Frank.

Your dead right frank Madness I sat behind you waiting for the traffic to pass at the Camphill dams fixed wheel too .

That was the biggest drip Ive seen from anyone's nose for a long time .

Are you sure your an educated man didn't look like that on Saturday morning you highly qualified people worry me sometimes .