Who is going to Bute?

Alan McLean

• Committee

Duncan, Jim and I went to Bute and were promptly dropped.

Jim had already done the TT in the morning so at least he had an excuse.

No glory today but beautiful weather on the island and a great day oot. It was good to see the thirty milers who had done a lot more than 30 miles when we met them in Rothesay. Thanks for the support.

RR result for wheelers, (22 starters):

Alan McLean, about 11th

Duncan Thomson, about 14th

Jim Daly, DNF.

Full TLI results awaited.

Anyone going to Callander next Sunday? Twice over the Duke's pass? (Hope they have a big vomit bucket at the top.)

Regards

Alan

Guest Jim Daly

Alan/Duncan,

That was a very high powered race, yesterday. Gordon Murduch, Stuart MacGregor and Chris Smart are some of Scotland's best cyclists. Add in Andrew Whitehall (ex JW and apprentice pro currently racing Belgium) and his dad, plus some mates of Chris Smart who have been racing in France this year and we experienced full on racing, for a while...

We certainly both got over the Mount Stuart hill with them :grin:

Chris told me that the bloke who won the race used to race Bradley Wiggins regularly and that each would win every other week

See link for Johnstone Wheelers leading the way:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ufopilot/1 ... 485272155/

:smash

Hope to see some more Wheelers racing soon.

In the TT, I overshot the dead turn at 5miles and might otherwise easily have beat Stuart MacGregor who led by 10 seconds for the Vet prize.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim,

Thanks for posting picture with me near the front, it certainly did not last long.

First road race, first impressions- OH NO!

Could not believe the speed of the race, and then it just kept getting faster...

Jim did warn me it would be fast from the start, I didn't know bikes could go that fast though. I held on as long as I could with Alan and JIm in the lead as solo breakaway- didn't want to bring the others up to them so went steadily backwards as more riders came streaming through. Was dropped towards end of Mount Stewart climb, it must be 500metres vertical, and then ended up picking up a few riders over rest of lap before most dropped out at halway turn. Migth as well keep going and enjoyed the return pushing as hard as I could with Grant and Trev from "Team Campag" Attempt at glory run into finish with blast from bottom of Mount Stewart hill came to grief half a mile out to leave the two bikes behind to come thorugh. Still by Alans reckoning 14th aint bad, but then again the other way of looking at it was 2nd last! :oops:

Thanks Jim and Alan, message is I need to train harder than I have been doing

I will be back though

cheers

Duncan

• Committee
Alan/Duncan,

That was a very high powered race, yesterday. Gordon Murduch, Stuart MacGregor and Chris Smart are some of Scotland's best cyclists. Add in Andrew Whitehall (ex JW and apprentice pro currently racing Belgium) and his dad, plus some mates of Chris Smart who have been racing in France this year and we experienced full on racing, for a while...

We certainly both got over the Mount Stuart hill with them :grin:

Chris told me that the bloke who won the race used to race Bradley Wiggins regularly and that each would win every other week

See link for Johnstone Wheelers leading the way:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ufopilot/1 ... 485272155/

:smash

Hope to see some more Wheelers racing soon.

In the TT, I overshot the dead turn at 5miles and might otherwise easily have beat Stuart MacGregor who led by 10 seconds for the Vet prize.