Vets RR cvhamps.

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Well done Paul Mcdonald a very good 5th. place in a hard race with a very tough field of vets Oh ya dancer ! Jim Daly finished a little further back but still a good ride.

John Kermode (Dundee Thistle) extended his impressive winning run when he took the Scottish Veterans Road Race title near Aberdeen.

Contested in difficult conditions which deteriorated as the race progressed, the 65 mile event drew a field of around 50 riders that was largely intact after the first of the two laps.

During the second circuit, a large group broke away and they were still together approaching the finish, by which time the rain was at its worst.

John just managed to edge out his rivals in a desperately tight finish, coming home a fraction clear of former champion Graham McGarrity (Edge Racing), with Chris Thomson (VC Astar) taking the bronze.

Graham Barclay (Kirkcaldy & District) was sixth overall and first rider in the Over 50 category.

Results (Courtesy Isobel Smith)

1 J.Kermode Dundee Thistle 2,40,45

2 G.McGarrityEdge Racing All at st

3 C.Thomson V,C,Astar

4 S.McIntosh Granite City

5 P.McDonald Johnstone Wheelers

6 1st 50+ G.Barclay Kirkcaldy & District

7 =S.McGregor Velo Ecosse

K.Thomson Dunfermline Cc

D.Hines Edinburgh R.C.

J.May “

O.Brookes “

P.Ettles Forres

C.Fisher Gl Nightingale

T.Worthington “

A.Taylor Gl Wheelers

R.Nicholson Classic Walls

N.Johnstone “

T.Nugent East Kilbride

P.Allan Granite City

2nd 50+ A.Hay Stirling RC

F.Morris G.S.Metro

E.Shackley Ivy CC

3rd 50+ R.Shenton Team Swift Allsorts

M.Houston Edinburgh RC

B.Dallas Ythan CC

J.Daly Johnstone Wheelers

N.Anderson DTCC

E.Ritchie unattached

D.Whitehall “

30 J.Cusick Glasgow Couriers

Guest Jim Daly

Paul mad a brave attack in the closing mile, to get into contention for the 40mph sprint with so many riders spread right across the road.

The photo in the link below is not unlike the sprint for stage 2 of the 2002 ENECO Ronde van Nederland, as advertised by cyclingnes.com!

http://www.granitecityrt.co.uk/images/V ... _2984a.JPG

I just hope that BC will award points for my 7th= place. :-?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes, Jim and I had quite a day on Sunday. We travelled up and down on the day so it was 7 hours driving and 3 hours hard racing, all in heavy rain just to make it more interesting.

To make it even more interesting I punctured after 10 miles just when big Jim was lining out the bunch :shock::shock::shock::shock: After a good change I gave it my all to get back on and eventually got some help.

It came down to a bunch gallop of about 30 and it was pretty crazy with guys hitting the cat eyes and lots of bumping and barging. Fortunately everyone stayed upright, I saw a gap, disengaged my brain and went for it !

PMcD Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2 weeks later...