May 31 Thursday 18:45 APR #3 Barrmill

KennyS

• 2 weeks later...

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darren

I've lifted this from elsewhere:

Gateside is just East of Beith on the B777. You can usually park at or near the church / village hall. Start line is further out this road (ie away from Beith): you will notice a road heading off on your right with a notice about a whisky bond. Start is about 100 yards along this road. Route is along this unclassified road past the whisky bond until you reach the A736 (Barrhead - Irvine road); turn left (careful here - the A736 can be busy) straight until you reach Lugton and turn left at the Paraffin Lamp (pub) which brings you onto the B777 heading back to Beith and turn left again to cross start line. Lap distance about 6 miles. Race distance just over 4 laps (finishing at top of hill at whisky bond).

I'm off on my hols tomorrow so won't be able to join you - or at the ttt on tuesday. Looking forward to hearing all about them though.

Cheers

SH

Seb,

Ian has just posted the start for the Gateside APR.

Tonight it is at Barrmill, see below for instructions.

The course is on this multimap posting:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... 0&down.y=7

Start / finish line is about half mile out of Barmill on the Beith road (B706).

Head towards Beith, turn left at the foot of the brae along 'Sharon Street', turn left again on the B707 to the top of the brae, and then left again along the C-class road after 2.5 miles to bring you back towards Barrmill. Turn left again to bring you onto the finishing straight.