harry's hunner aka erskine century ride

robert sharp

Congratulations to all who rode this event , started fast and only got faster there's a few good photos to be published shortly . thanks goes to Kenny Steele for his organisation .

Martin , Aileen for the broom wagon Joyce for the tea and stick es to Iain for admin and Tom Higgins the man with the hands.

Harry for starting of this event .

This has never been a race and is never likely to be one , everyone is a winner , this was only a few like minded people enjoying a day on the bike .

Unlike some of the comments made on other sites about the bealach na ba sad people.

Many thanks for all your cash.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Just like to echo Bob's comments about today's ride. Kenny and the team did an excellent job today and should be commended for giving up their time so that the run could go ahead.

A really enjoyable day out that served to remind me why I joined this club in the first place (eg all that sympathy I received when I cramped up - cheers :lol: )

Thanks again to all involved

McGunson

Yes indeedy. A big thanks from me too to all involved Oh ya dancer ! . I can't believe for the second week running I have rode my bike for over 90 miles,at times good hard riding,tough climbing,fast descents,good chat,funny stories all in the company of the GRC :-?:-?:grin: Brilliant guys,good on you,you lot know how to party on a bike. A big well done to everyone else out there too from clubs all around our area and beyond,even Glasgow United who, like the GRC look great in their new kit,pity John McGrory's patter is so predictable!!!! :smash Best bike of the day?....Mullhooligan junior's new wee Giant T-Mobile replica,Im sure he will soon be riding us into pulp up the Rest. :shock:

I would also like to thank everyone who organised the event yesterday - everything from grub to massage and from ferry tickets to broom wagons!

As Darryl says, this is the kind of thing that sets the club apart... :grin:

Dennis

Following on from the earlier posts I’d just like to say a big thanks to all who helped me through my first event as ‘The Organiser’

Big Harry Advice and yarns of days gone by

Joyce McK For all her help with the catering on the day. If you think you’re fast on wheels you should see this lady doing her trolley dash around Asda

Martin and Allison Turning back the clock and checking out all the lay-bys in Argyll in an old transit van as well as helping with the Big Top Marquee

Iain Lang Invaluable help on the day with the signing-in and out of riders as well as the marquee

Tom Higgins Wonder hands at the end of a hard day on the bike.

Thanks also to the TLI for covering this event, Asda Linwood in helping feed the hordes of riders and a big, big thanks to Western Ferries for their continuous and extremely generous support in getting everyone from one side of the Clyde to the other

On a wet, overcast morning 47 riders set off round the route at variation pace and in varying conditions. By the time they boarded the ferry the sun was shining for the final leg home with food and drink awaiting them. The outlay on this year’s event was slightly higher than what may have been in the past but the figure raised for the Erskine Hospital this year is almost £450 Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Well done and a big thanks again to all involved whether helping or riding Clappers

Gang forward! - with Scotland's greatest and friendliest cycling club

Cheers, KennyS

Thanks to all involved in the organising of this event particularly Martin & Aileen in the broomwagon who had sent out the search parties for the lantern rouge plodding his way round. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and brought the memories flooding back of genuine friendship cycling offers.

Hope to do it again

Totally agree with all the earlier comments, it was great to see Harry looking so well and don't make it too long before getting back out with the bunch. ;-)

And big Cristian looked as if he had never been away great to see you again Hello, beer !! The pace at times was a bit mad but the whole day was very enjoyable.

A big thank you to Kenny and his team, the BarBQ at the end was great but how come I ended up with tongue and cold shoulder from Joyce. :cry:

• Committee

We three stooges caught a l*ft in the v*n from Luss to Tarbert after two punctures. Many thanks to Martin and Allison for looking after us.

My friend, Martin B, came on his first bunch ride on the understanding that this ride was "not a race" and would be "scenic". Ha! After the Rest all I saw was Chung's bottom and rear wheel at 35 kph for about 30 miles.

Great day.

Hi, Vicky

You can write a cheque directly to made payable to: ERSKINE and send to:

THE FUNDRAISING DEPARTMENT

ERSKINE

BISHOPTON

RENFREWSHIRE

PA7 5PU

Send a cover note or write on the back that it's regarding the JWCC Century Ride

Either that I can add your donation to the amount on the main cheque that I am sending tomorrow and I'll get the money off you sometime

Let me know what you want to do

Kenny