Track league 24 January

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another fun night at the track

First up short scratch, maybe about 7th just too many bodies to get through. After that a longer scratch, maybe about 8 of us in a group off front, 2 sneaked off late on...should have made an effort earlier to go with them but thought someone else would do it. They didnt. Almost caught the guy in second by the finish but ended up being caught myself and ended up 4th. After that a points, off the front in a small group, caught then 4th in the second last sprint continued riding and 2 of us stayed away maybe about a half lap in front of the rest i was hanging by then but got a 2nd in the last sprint with double points. No idea where i finished overall though hopefully good enough for a top 5. Last the devil, usual tactic but a couple of others were wanting to do the same thing so much harder to defend position and got boxed in a couple of times and had to come round the back and sprint. Ended up 2nd so pretty pleased with that.

Top marks to Cedric in the As with a win in the 40 lap scratch race.