Track league 3rd sept.

AlanT

• Members

Ta. I was torn between the DST session, Meadowbank and the Georgetown last night. I remembered what you said about it being a bit like accreditation 4 and that coloured my judgement. Was it worth the money?

Al, I'm tempted to enter, but I hope to ride the Barrmill road race on the Sunday so I might be better avoiding anything that'll upset the apple cart. I went to Meadowbank twice just before the Commonwealth Games started. It was such a shock to the system that I didn't do any other riding that week. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

The standard of the riders was decent - all pretty fit and safe / predictable which was good as i was a lacking a bit of confidence at the start so felt like it was worth the money getting some of that back.

As always though its just your luck on the night who else is there.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough night in the Bs but good to be back :)

60 lap points (a single point was the highlight of my night!) and then a couple of 30 lap scratch. I was about a half lap behind on the first but the second i could at least contest the sprint.  Found it really tough with the changes in pace, hopefully that will get a bit easier with a bit more practice.

Also need to start doing some core work again (which ive neglected all summer) because i forgot how much the track takes it out of your body!

• 2023 Subscriptions

8 in a combined C/D group. Every bit as sore as expected. Didn't do particularly well, but lasted the pace well, considering how far off I was in the first race.