Track league 24/02

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

DArn good to be back after 10 weeks! Always a sore one getting back into the rhythm, me Ian and Billy in B with Alan in C. Lots of jets as always. 27 riders in B making for a hectic group. In the first scratch I finished in 6th beside Ian, not sure about Moi. In the devil Ian did a virtuouso on the front for a good few laps, I got pumped with about 9 left, I saw Ian down to last 5. Next up was points and I scored a paltry 1 which will likely get me about 7th or 8th, Ian scored in a couple of sprints so he will be near the top. Billy gave me a splendid lead out for my one point. Final scratch and again Ian and I finished side by side, making a habit of this in scratch races, in about 10th.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night, not quite sure what went through my head in the first scratch of the evening. Going to the front with about 5 to go seemed like a good idea at the time, then a terrible idea with a lap to go. Next was points placed in a couple of the sprints but not enough to trouble the top 3, did reasonable in the devil  then wrong side of a small split in the last scratch race.  Felt like a good nights racing.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Much better night than last week. Highlight was a 5th in the devil, when I got myself boxed in on the home straight and had nowhere to go. The 12 lap sprint was awful, just getting into a rhythm when it was over, then a 24 lap scratch that seemed unnecessarily fast early, and then picked up, and finally a 32 lap points race where I stayed in touch for the first 2 sprints, then blew up a bit. However, a good nights racing fun

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great fun but hard 12 lap scratch is not for me never really in it , declined the devil thought I could get some points in the points race but never really had the brick kick, then went to the front for a few laps in the scratch didn't want to stay at the front but was too knackered to move out of the front got swamped and pumped out the back, very enjoyable