Feb 3 TL

XXX

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun but rather frustrating night in the Bs - 1st out in the devil, im getting worse. Next was a 30 lap scratch had a couple of attacks, away with Al for one of them and we were working well together then another rider joined and disrupted things rather than contribute. Should have gone again with 5 to go but hesitated too long. Last was a 50 lap points, sat in at 40 then attacked after 30 with another rider we stayed out to 20 and i got that sprint someone bridged after that we stayed out for a bit longer then some of the bunch caught, i went again straight after this with Adam coming with me and then someone else coming across and he got that sprint i was 2nd i think - they eased up after this but i kept going steady. Was a crash in the bunch and the race neutralised, i had a pretty decent gap at this point, half a lap to the back of the group a bit less to the front of it and was feeling good. We had a few laps neutralised above the blue, that was ok i thought i'll get a bit of recovery but then i was told to go back and rejoin the group for the restart. Im pretty sure thats not the rules! Anyway that was me couldnt do anything for the final sprint other than be annoyed!

Seemed to be alot of crashes tonight :(

• 2023 Subscriptions

6 weeks off the track and my legs were full of rusty nails. I really hate the course de prime, which is essentially a 10 lap sprint, so I sat in and let the youngsters tire themselves out. Much the same story in the devil, I think I was out about 8 or 9. Didn't contest either of the first two sprints in the points race, made a big effort for the last one and finished about 8th. Final race was 25 lap scratch, which I knew had slipped away when I found myself at the front with 5 to go. Finished mid bunch.

Good to be back though.