Winter run options?

James Esus

I'm going to be doing a lot of runs myself (because no one likes me) over winter early doors on a Sunday (6:30 start) around 50-70 miles.

Any options for runs ice/snow free?

I have heard of a mystical land over near Mordor called Largs only reached by a treacherous road called the coast?

Any other options?

Ta

Judas

Head down into South and East Ayrshire. Troon/Prestwick and Ayr first by the most direct route (usually via Lochlibo Road and Irvine - roads will be dead at that time on a Sunday) then head in land in the general direction of Mauchline/Tarbolton/Glaston before heading for home, via the A77 and Fenwick - plenty of options from there. Should be ice and snow free for the most part over the winter. Mind the banjos tho.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Judas

The coast offers a good few options relatively frost free options include

West Kilbride clockwise or anti clockwise

Full coast clockwise or anti

Coast Healy Coast Fairly

Coast Inverkip and back via IBM

Generally frost free

Plus lumpy Largs

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm going to be doing a lot of runs myself (because no one likes me) over winter early doors on a Sunday (6:30 start) around 50-70 miles.

Any options for runs ice/snow free?

I have heard of a mystical land over near Mordor called Largs only reached by a treacherous road called the coast?

Any other options?

Ta

Judas

Yet another tall tale of how you are avoiding the sprint for the Largs 30 then :)