Sunday 8th November

• Life Members

A bit of a late call to organise a run last night, 5 Wheelers - AllanM, Andrew D, Campbell, Peter Graham & myself went out to "enjoy" the weather with a run over the bridge for the Tak via the Kilsyth end & planned on tackling the Crow too.

Met up the troops on the bridge nice & early to take advantage of the better weather forecast earlier on, "hoping" it would last longer than predicted :-)

The Tak was nice in the sense that the road surface had been smoothly tarmac up till the car park, which made the climbing that bit more bearable. The weather started to close in while we were riding through the valley, it seemed like someone just turned the shower hose on & switched the fan setting a lot higher .......... boo!

So a decision was made to skip the Crow & turn right at Fintry to head for Killearn for a shorter route home & a café stop in the lovely village.

Large amount of food/drinks was consume & we left a big wet puddle on the lovely café floor (sorry to the café staff/owner) as we ventured (reluctently) back out to continue our wet pedal home.

Dissaster struck as Andrew double puncture on the way out as he rolled over a sharp drain cover, slashing his tyre wall. Fixing the damn thing was not pleasant given the fact it was blowing a gail & lashing down by this stage ......... fun!

Anyway, we got going again & riding through Dungoyne, then Strathblane to Milgarvin then I split with the guys to head through leafy Westend of Glasgow for home while the rest cycled back over the bridge.

I hope everyone got home without too much bother!

To be honest, I really enjoyed the wet & wind, I've said it before but there's a certain deep satisfaction cycling in the rain (as long as it's not freezing cold) it cleanse my soul (not that it's dirty in the first place mind) :-). With a decent "GoreTex" water proof, I was dry apart from my leg & feet, very much bearable for me.

It's the car passing in the wet which caused the ear annoying noise that I find really off putting, why do people want to drive in the rain anyway? :-)

However, it was a fantastic ride despite the weather & thanks to all for the wheels to follow today, I'm super glad I went out this morning!

Back home with 130km on my Garmin, I love Scottish weather! Now I'm going for a hot bath & then to bed! :-)

Thanks for reading .............

Cheers & catch youse on the road

Chung