Coaching Guru visits Johnstone?

man5e

Joe Friel renowned cycle coach and author of the very successful "Training Bible" is visiting Scotland next week.

His visit is being co-ordinated by Mark Young.

Mark has intimated that Joe would be happy to visit the clubrooms for a chat and informal meeting during the course of his trip.

It is very rare for someone of Joe's repute to be in the UK so it seems a great opportunity to avail yourself of the expertise Joe has, even if you only want him to sign your copy of "The Bible".

Suggested dates would be Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Please pm me or post here if you would be interested in attending.

This is not restricted to JWCC members so other club riders who may be interested would be more than welcome too.

Please let me know first so that we can be prepared for the night.

Joe Friel will be at the clubrooms at 1930 on Tuesday 20 September.

In addition to meeting some members he will be hosting a Q&A session covering all aspects of training. The is possibly a one-off chance to ask one of the leading coaches for advice around your current plan or even advice as to how to develop a plan.

As before please let me know if you are planning to attend.

I will be at the club from 7pm onwards the let in the madding throng :lol:

I have previously posted that the club have a very rare opportunity to host a visit by one of the top cycling coaches in the business - Joe Friel.

It is arranged for 1930 on Tuesday 20th September. Joe is in the country to host a seminar later in the week and is keen to meet cyclists at club level and pass on some of his expertise via a Q&A session.

I would encourage all club members who may wish to improve their performances for next year, to take advantage of this and find out a bit more about training, periodising and peaking. I have followed the principles in the book "The Cyclists Training Bible" for the last 2 years and I think it has served me quite well.

Please post a PM if you will be attending.

I have to say at this time attendees are insufficient for the session to go ahead.

Please note that unfortunately the meeting with Joe at the JWCC clubrooms is cancelled.

I had spoken regularly with Mark Young - who is co-ordinating the visit - and reported that response was poor and that only 6 or so people had expressed an interest.

I am literally just off the phone to Mark and the first of the meetings which Joe is attending, at Edinburgh Road club, has just finished and was attended by 55 individuals from that area.

A further forum has been organised at the North Beach Hotel near Prestwick on Thursday and members have the opportunity to attend the session there.

Due to other commitments I will not be able to attend.

Details for those interested are in the Braveheart site, Chat Forum, Coaching.