Excited and nervous! - but on top of the world!

Sarah.

Hi Everybody :grin:

I've just made some massive decisions.......which boil down to one fact -

I LEAVE THE COUNTRY IN FOUR WEEKS! :lol::grin:8-)Oh ya dancer !

I've resigned from my job and bought a round the world ticket!

It's something I've always thought about and well........I've done it and it feels unreal! my little heart will be thumping when i step on that first flight and realise that........oh bloody hell - this is it :shock: for the next 12 months I'm of ON MY OWN and hey the journey begins!

I've planned a lot within a 2 week period of resigning. Got my working holiday visa granted, planned the route myself, turned 24, bought the ticket and arranged an interview in Brisbane. bang, bang, bang - DONE!

Leaving 2nd October (a Sunday)

Glasgow-Heathrow-Los Angeles-Brisbane Australia

Planned 7 months in Australia (planned an interview in Brisbane for recreation officer - kids multi activity/ sports coaching work - so heres hoping!)

(Do whatever I like travel wise when I'm in Australia - but work down the East coast and fly out of Melbourne after seven months) :grin:

Fly from Melbourne to Christchurch in New Zealand - planned a month here initially(can change my ticket dates on route so thats pretty good). Do the North and South Island and then fly out of Auckland and ............

Arrive in the USA - Los Angeles. Planned 3 months in the States cause I'm arranging sports work just now (planning to go up the coast San Francisco etc and I'll then I would love to go to Canada - so planned to go to Vancouver).

Leave from Los Angeles and fly over to New York (possible to go down the coast overland (Miami / Florida etc) - I'll take it as it comes! and then I fly from New york.........

London and home! 12 months later I return!

It doesn't feel real yet....well, that not true - its feeling very real on my bank account!!! anybody got cash in hand work before I leave - about a million jokes in that statement??!!! :lol: on a serious note though - I need to sell my car so I'll put a posting up tomorrow with price etc and if anybody knows anybody interested in a VW Polo 3 years old then PLEASE get in touch.

Was on the phone to Kenny Mac there, and it would seem we have contacts all over the globe with the club! Kenny - your worldy tales on the bunch run 2 weeks ago when it was just me, you and Bob - set my wee mind working overtime - look what you've made me do! nah, only joking.

Right, best be off - :grin: - have I sickened you all so far??!! just one more thing to say.....

Enjoy the rain! I'll be thinking of you Hello, beer !!

Take care and see/speak to some of you soon.

Sarah

Guest fatblokeonbike

Dear Sarah,

You've now been promoted to the position of Johnstone Wheelers International Correspondent and Roving Ambassador Extraordinaire (Unwaged).

Wherever you go, find an internet cafe, and log on to The Bunch, let us know how things are.

(Round the world trip? - Ooooohhh, I hate you I hate you I hate you.)

Yooors,

Iain.

• 2 weeks later...

you wont be missed one bit by me - i can feel the moral of the bunch lifting already - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GALIVANTING ALL OVER THE WORLD, i bet you come crying back me - dont say i didnt warn you child,

break a leg - dave and claire