Track league 4th Feb.

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night in the Bs - first up 42 lap points, didnt contest the first couple of sprints then bridged to a break which fell apart pretty quick but got a 4th in one of the sprints. Just followed wheels after that. Next was a 16 lap scratch, really fast pace from the gun and things were strung out and i was getting shouted at by someone for losing the wheel in front by the second corner of the first lap! Pace continued to be fast and after about 5 laps or so a rider had got a gap and i looked round and realised i also had a bit of a gap too so pushed on, eventually caught him and we worked together for a bit. Caught with about 3 laps to go and I end up leading out the sprint then going backwards. Was rather painful!

Last was the Devil, first out. My recent record in the devil is awful, i used to do pretty well in it but the last 3 are 1st out, 2nd out, 1st out. Alan put in a good performance here staying in for most of it.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good night at the track. Picked up 5th in the 12 lap sprint, would have done better but for the lack of a kick. Picked up 2 points in the points race by taking 3rd in the first sprint, didn't contest the second and couldn't get into place to contest the last two. Managed to stay in the devil for 16 laps by taking the front on the free lap and TT-ing my way round holding the front more or less until I got eliminated, feeling a bit hard done by there. A bit slower pace tonight as a few of the regulars had been promoted to the B's, and that probably helped a bit.