21st January track league

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun night tonight in the C group. Kicked of with a 32 lap points race, contesting the first sprint but losing out on the final bend to take 6th, then hung around the middle of the bunch for the rest of the race. I changed my gearing from 50:15 to 50:14 for the 12 lap second race and finished 7th, and then the final 25 lap race mixed in the front of the bunch and held 6th at the finish. Probably my best performance this season. I don't know if that was because I didn't destroy my legs on turbo Tuesday, or if it was the higher gearing helping out. Probably a combination.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Strange night for me - after the first 10 laps of the opening race (48 lap points) i felt alright, however despite this all the races passed me by a bit. The last race someone swung up during the sprint so i had to swing up too - that was a bit frustrating - although i dont think i'd have have done any better anyway.

Alan - seems like the 14 did the trick. I didnt see the last race but i reckon in the 12 lap scratch you would have been challenging for a podium rather than 7th if you hadnt got boxed in with a lap to go. Just think what you'll be like when you put the 13 cog on!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great progress Alan. Usual thrashing in the B group meant for a very high quality random interval session just to stay in the race. Best I got was 7th and 2 x back of bunch :)

When its painful I just remember it is much better than -1c in the garage on the turbo !