Track league 7th January.

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Eventful night in the Bs. First up a 30 lap scratch, i went with about 3.5 to go then as the bell went started to get swamped, first rider past ok but the second was squeezed by the rider trying to overtake us both causing him to go go against me. Fortunately managed to stay upfright but foot unclipped which didnt make for the most pleasant of experiences! Next was 50 lap points, i think i got a 4th in the 2nd sprint (i dont even know if you get points for that!) then there was a breakaway of about 4 and i miscalculated i thought we were going to catch them so just stayed in the middle taking it easy and waiting for the catch. But they ended up getting the lap. Last was was 30 lap scratch, with an incident filled start (the worst behaviour that has happened at the track league in the years ive been going) with the guily rider being red flagged. Shortly after this there was a crash too and the gun hadnt even gone yet. Anyway onto the race, felt pretty good during it and was near the front with about 2 to go so started the sprint, Danny showed how its done though breezing past on the back straight and making it look easy but managed to hold on for 2nd place.

Good contingent of Jets and Wheelers tonight, all looking in good form.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great result by Iain in final scratch beaten only by the rampaging stars of the future Danny Mul

Billy, Alan, Emma and a host of jets also getting stuck in.

I was somewhat distracted as I was on the receiving end of a fellow rider trying to push me off my bike as we left the railing at the start of the final race. This was after an incident in an earlier race. Anyway he was DQ'd.

Good workout as ever with the usual shock to system after 3 weeks of no track but that is same for everyone so no excuses.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyed last night, probably because I was able to mix in near the front for longer. Still faded towards the end of races, right enough, but still feeling stronger than I've been.

A good night of racing averaged 26 mph to 27.9 mph in the races first night I have raced feeling ok , not quite fit enough yet but the C group is fairly constant which makes it easier managed some points in the points race and a third and fourth in the scratch races

Make that a hattrick of 4 places

enjoyed getting back to racing last night. think i managed to get third in the first point race. sat in the bunch in second scratch. felt better for last race so move up in last lap thinking i might get third, but crossed the line and saw there were a few more riders off the front so think i finished 5th or 6th.