12 November

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

yesss, Paul is returning to boost numbers.

I am a bit sore after my recent comedy fall so deep breathing is not fun and I will sit this one out.

Your enthusiasm is always infectious Alan. Meantime please supply details of comedy fall, this could be important for hammock award. Unfortunately, if you don't supply details we will be forced to assume the most ridiculous and public fall possible and nominate you :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

B, hmm, :)

Hmm indeed. Got half way through 1st race and blew, ditto second. Shock of high cadence and high pace. Ah well it makes you stronger.

Billy, Alan, Emma and Adam flying the flag in the C's and Iain digging in hard in the B's. Countless jets too.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough night to make your return! The first scratch race was the fastest ive seen in the Bs at just under 30 mph average if you discount the rollout lap. No idea what made me think trying to get in the breakaway was a good idea! After that my legs were done. Points race, big effort for the sprint after 40 laps only to get pipped on the line for 4th which was rather disappointing! Final scratch was a bit better was reasonably positioned towards the end and went with 4 laps to go but that was 2 laps too much.

The large C/D group was interesting, first up 25 lap points which due to my legs not really wanting to play I sat at the back and rode round for 24 laps put an effort in in the last lap and got a single point. The next 25 lap scratch race was fun if you ignore the bad riding I had a wee racing incident with somebody who nearly stopped in front of me , he wasn't very happy even less so when I offered him my services as a coach he even went and complained to the commy who happens to be Tommy Banks and laughed I only brushed by him anyway finished about 7/8

Next 20 lap race just sat towards the back closed a couple of gaps with the intention of pushing hard alas nothing left so cruised the last lap or so

It was fun

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really enjoyed that last night, apart from the mayhem in the second race. I was right behind billy when he shouldered past the rider in front, but, like he said, nowhere to go. There were a couple of guys who were downright dangerous, both in skill level and attitude, 'of course I can take that half bike length gap, it's up to you to get out of my way when I'm coming down into the sprint lane'.

Managed to last all three races this week, and still going with the surges right to the end. No places, but to be fair, I wasn't going for any.