End of season Cyclo-sportive

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

Autumn Epic Cyclosportive

-------------------------

The perfect way to round off your season and make use of that summer fitness. The Autumn Epic is a challenging European-style cyclo-sportive on the peaceful roads and lanes of the ancient county of Radnorshire. The route is around 140km long, with a huge 3200m of climbing, and covers some of the finest riding in the country, through outstanding scenery that takes in hills, lakes, valleys and mountains.

Classic climbs include Abbey-Cwm-Hir, Elan Valley Mountain Road, and the 20% Glascwm Pitch. The Epic is a fully supported event:

* Comprehensively and clearly way-marked route.

* Electronic timing chip and route sheet to be collected at registration.

* Two well-stocked feeding stations and checkpoints.

* Broom wagon, mechanical support and 1st aid.

* Quality photos of all riders available for purchase on the web (www.sportpixs.co.uk) within 48 hours.

* Individual times available immediately, with Gold, Silver and Bronze standards

* Full results published on website within 24 hours.

* Event t-shirt available for £5.

It is possible to enter online (a first for a UK cyclosportive). A start list is available on the website.

Info: http://www.cyclosport.co.uk/autumnepic.asp for full profile, maps, and official website (enter online or by post)

Date: Sunday 2nd October 2005, start 8am to 9am

Course: 90 mile signposted circular route / 3200 metres climbing / 20% gradients

Venue: Start/finish Knighton Community Hall, Powys, Wales (Shropshire border)

Cost: 15 pounds; food and drink provided at two feed stations.

About Us

--------

www.cyclosport.co.uk was created due to the growing demand, interest and popularity of cyclosportive events in the UK.

It aims to create an expanding and up-to-date resource for cyclists to find information, prepare and take part in UK Cyclosportives primarily, and secondly, to provide extensive information on the scene and trends taking place in Europe.

The site is a non-profit. Created by cyclists, for cyclists, who are members of traditional UK affiliated cycling clubs.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Ian

as e-mail contact for the club i get quitefew unsolicited ads like this. Most of them I just delete, but i thought someone migth be interested. I don't intend to ride it though it vertainly looks like a great weekend. I think by then i'll have used up all my brownie points ;-)

cheers

Darryl

ps we still have the Arran w/e to arrange. Haven't seen Mr DeRosa for a while though...any news?