Chocolate series WED 27TH JULY

ANY WANT ANT TO DO THE TIME KEEPING - I SUGEST EVERYONE BRING ALONG 20 P EXTRA AND THERE WILL BE AN AWARD FOR THE THE MOST IMPROVED TIME - AS WELL AS THE OTHER TIMES - WHAT IS THE FORMULA ?- I SUGEST YOUR SECOND OR THIRD FASTEST TIME COUNTS AS YOUR FASTET SO THAT THOSE WHOM HAVE RODE 3 EVENTS TO SUPPOR THE EVEN WIN'S ? THIS IS A GOOD METRIC AND THEREFOR IS WILL PROMOTE GREATER PARTISIPATION IN THE FUTURE ?

A good turnout for the last in the Chocolate series and all the riders were suitably rewarded, as was the timekeeper, by the generosity of Pete Bennell who whilst not having enough left over to enjoy a bar himself nonetheless was rewarded with a good ride.

For most riders, the course would have been quite different with the wind providing a good push to the turn and a testing headwind back.

So hard did it look that I gave up the chance to ride and opted (well it was probably my turn anyway) to push off / keep time.

Despite the wind, of the 13 riders, 6 posted PB's so well done.

1. George Hamilton, 15.56

2. Alan Holms, 17.23 (PB)

3. Pete Bennell, 18.03 (PB)

L1, Claire Ridley, 19.27

All the times were,

Amanda Haggerty, 19.56

Jim Daly, 19.23 (PB)

Joyce McKellar, 22.59

Tony Doc,18.28

George Hamilton, 15.56

David McLardie, 18.34 (PB)

Dave Ridley, 18.59 (PB)

Claire Ridley, 19.27

Stephen Hickey, 18.41 (PB)

Sarah Fettes, 20.02

Alan Holms, 17.23 (PB)

Pete Bennell, 18.03 (PB)

Alan King, 18.46

Hope to see you all down at the Westferry for the resumption of the League 10 series.