Thinking about joining...

I've been into Cycling (seriously) for about 4 years but I think it's time to take it to the next level. I currently do a 25km route to work and back each day but also do longer rides of +100km for fun as well.

I'd be interested in joining the club but I'm not used to riding with company. How do I get involved? :)

Guest EPCC

Paul

That bits easy pick one of the bunch rides and come out

The bunch will explain as it rolls along where and what you should be doing

Riding in a bunch is much easier than riding on your own

Just gauge how fit you are and pick a suitable bunch

See you soon

• Life Members

Hi Paul,

Great to hear that you're interested in joining the club!

The fact that you already commute to/from work and are cycling regularly suggest to me that you'll have the necessary fitness to ride in a bunch proper.

As Billy mentioned, the only thing you'll need to pick up on are the skills & etiquette on riding in a "bunch". These are very easy but fundamentally important though in-order to ride safely & efficiently, but don't worry it's dead simple & other members in the bunch "should" give you plenty of help & pointers as to what to do & what not to do!

Just keep an eye on the "Club Run" section of the website and pick your run accordingly. It would also help if you can post your intention to go along to whichever run you're turning up for, so the folks will expect your appearance & look out for you.

Anyway, welcome & hope to see you out on the road very soon!

Regards

Chung