Renfra Bunch 11th June

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Turned up for Renfra bunch tonight and there was a grand total of 3 including myself. I thought "this isn't good. I'm about to get slaughtered". By the time we reached Bishy 3 became 7 with an additional joined on the Westferry making the bunch a respectable 8. Hitting the Westferry nose and mouth were no longer sufficient equipment for breathing properly with an average page of around 45kph. Four of us went for the Clune and I was relieve that I made it up in a respectable position. Once we hit the downhill towards Kilmacolm a smaller group of us were doing the work and there was a nervousness with a wet road. About 4 of us continued to work through BoW and into the Houston roundabout. Things started to hot up then with one guy getting hung out on the front to suffer for a while. First kick came and I grabbed the wheel and settled into a second position. Second kick came and I lost the wheel catching it again after the bridge. Final kick came and by then I was struggling and had to settle for a not too scrappy second on the evening. Loved the rush of adrenaline all evening. Blooming brilliant!

Andy

• Members

Fair play, Andy. Sounds like you had the legs this evening. The Renfrew bunch tonight was part of my grand plan, but the soggy weather combined with a "Who's going out?" post on Facebook that garnered a single solitary reply had me reaching for the turbo instead.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great stuff Andy, sounds like youre having a blast.

After race last Wed and "spirited" sessions Thus, Sat and Sun I decided to listen to my knackered body and have an extra day of rest tonight !

Or before Ross says it I wimped out.

See you Thus.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I only saw the Facebook post once I made it home tonight. When only 2 others turned up I was feeling distinctly nervous!

I think Thursday will demonstrate my folly at going out tonight! Quiet day tomorrow ;-)