Planning for Arran???

Guest fatblokeonbike

Guest fatblokeonbike

If Deep-Laid Plans are being made for the next Arran week-end, it might be of interest as much to

http://www.arranbikeclub.com/

as to the Wheelers, to link up with them on your next trip - show them what real cycling's all about! (Ok, so they're MTB guys mainly, but their local knowledge might even be able to negotiate a discount on the beer...)

Yooors,

Iain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was talk of an Arran weekend staying at Lochranza youth hostel on the first available weekend after the clocks go back...self catering with Martin M and SS with some catering responsibility.......sounds good to me It'd be best at a time when the lochranza ferry is going too.

What weekends will suit us?

ss

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

• 2024 Subscriptions

Possibly some time in April for me - maybe w/e of 17th?

This trip sounds like a great idea. I think any weekend in April would suit me at the moment.

How about somewhere else instead of Arran though - such as Minnigaff or Melrose or Islay. I think Minnigaff would get my vote.

If this weekend is planned as a training weekend then I will give up one of my Bellsdyke series as they are not top priority this year to me,can we have suggestions as to content?.Oh and the 17th would be preferred.

• 2024 Subscriptions

The Arran trip is ON 8-)

Weekend 17th April. Plan is to cycle to the ferry (time to be confirmed) and then over to the hostel at Lochranza. For those that want to, a lap of the island is then an option :lol::shock:

Return Sunday retracing our route.

All who wish to join us post here.

cheers

Darryl

sorry Darryl i will just be returning from italia that evening.

Enjoy guys as it will be great weekend of cycling!

Stevie B.

Yes Darryl I am a definite for this one.

Can't confirm ...'knee'd a rest...

ss

Would love to go, but intend doing all the Div 2 RR series this year (there is a race on the sunday near Perth).

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I ride regularly with a club in dumfries. I might be going to Arran on Saturday to ride round the island. Noticed you have a trip on and was wondering about hooking up with you. I only have a day so will be on an early boat. Which ferry are you on and, is there a group riding round on saturday?

Cheers

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Steve

thanks for your message. unfortunately the Arran trip is now off due to lots of folk racing - not enough numbers. So enjoy your trip and hopefully we'll be able to meet up in the future.

regards

Darryl Gunson