Club Run Sunday 9th December

Stanley Accrington

Well, hallawrerr china!

The weather forecast looks quite good for Sunday - any takers for a run?

The Renfrewshire/Ayrshire route that Kay and I did recently which was lovely on a sunny/cold day...

Clubrooms

Lochwinnoch

Glengarnock

Dunlop "medley"

Coffeestop

Back roads to Uplawmoor

Some hilly bits (will double check route before Sunday!)

Back to Johnstone/Elderslie - about 55 miles.

Happy for other suggestions/addition to miles.

Mary

• Life Members

Good run indeed today especially the cafe stop, not sure where we were though!

Richie, bad luck always come in 3s. First it was Bill hitting the deck before the club room on some back ice, luckily he's fine but a bit bloody. Then my bottle cage screw came loose & last but not least you puncture. So, I suppose that completes the circle & Kama is restored.........

See you all next week

Cheers

Nine out today (Bill, Chung, Martin, Boyd, Richie, Grahame, Ken Mac, AndrewD and me) and it was a really enjoyable ride.

Ice on the track (some unfortunately went down on route to the clubhouse!) resulted in a revision of the initial stage of the route so, instead, we went by road to Lochwinnoch via Howood then over the Golf Club Road to Kilbirnie and chanced a short spurt on the track to Glengarnock to pick up the route planned: Barmill circuit; Dunlop (via secret road!); cafe stop at farm tea rooms; back roads to Uplawmoor; Calder Braes; High Barr Road; Peesweep; Johnstone/home.

A relief (for me) leading a route from beginning to end with a hand written note - not a map, computer, smartphone in sight! :unsure:

Thanks to all for the company

Mary