Main Bunch Rides November December

Guest EPCC

Guys

Discussing the topic the last few weeks so plan is 65 to 75 miles for november with increasing millage december january up to 80 and full coast

So post your opinions plan is steady then a fairly fixed route december with steady pace but habble forming on run home

Billy, as per usual gold star for initiative. I'm tendering we do exactly what we did last winter. It worked well for those who did a bit of racing and all those who went to Italy were in good shape.

The weather and road conditions will dictate where we go for the most part. So for me coast, coast and a little bit more coast is called for.

Milder weather might allow some in land runs such as Troon or an up the Bowfield and down to kilwinning before a run up the coast but if its icy at all the usual run down the A78 will do. Throw in the odd Helensburgh run and we'll be fine. Those that get bored can elect to do 3 hours on the turbo. Pace was good today given its the first weekend in Nov. We'll moan and groan no doubt but we'll still turn out.

Planning is simple you will be able to do a full coast throughout January unless we have heavy snow and if we do you use plan B simple

Anyway posting a run at the last minute is lacking insight

I think the majority have agreed on something like above with effort and distance gradually increasing up to the reliability rides in Febiary

Billy that is fine. You asked for opinions, so I gave mine. We don't all have to agree, that is the beauty of forums such as this one. As I said, I'm not looking for big miles in winter so I will either bail out or do my own thing. No big deal.

I know one certain other club posts their runs on a Thursday evening and nobody moans or complains about 'lacking insight'...

I also go with the flow which unless I am mistaken was do as we did last year

But to be honest getting a bit pissed of with all the gripes so I don't really care anymore

So I will post up to jdecember then fill your boots

I must admit I have trouble understanding why people have issues with Billy Mac being a rabid repeat poster of main bunch runs. If it weren't for MacBagel taking the time to post the main bunch might self implode.

Month after month the bloke posts, along with one or two stalwarts, looking for suggestions or telling us where we are going on any given Sunday. Shrinking violet he is not but his enthusiasm can't be questioned. You probably don't need me to say so but you post a run Billy, and I and a few others will turn up at miller street and ride it.