Club Room renovation - Don Smith

pete bennell

All,

Only 2 weeks to go until the Don Smith and so much to do!

There are some things which are being left to the professionals ie.

1) the electrics for the showers and hand driers

2) the dividing wall between the shower cubicles

3) the shower tiling

but there are some other jobs which can be done by whoever - I will be down on Tues night, but I will not be around this weekend. The jobs are:-

1) emulsion the Ladies and Gents toilets - the paint is in the Kitchen in the rectangular tub (don't use the Magnolia as it has been watered down too much!)

2) paint the exterior front door, inner face of inner porch door (club room side) and inner faces of Ladies and Gents hanging Room rooms (club room side) in blue (and the Kitchen and Storeroom if you really get into it!) - paint in the Kitchen

3) paint the interior faces of the above doors white.

I have aquired new (2nd hand ) carpets for both Changing Rooms/Toilets and will lay them probably on the Sat. before the D S.

Martin is doing the tiling in the Kitchen today, so we could paper the walls and get them emulsioned if we have time.

The bad news is that the Chiropractor treament is paying off and I will soon be back in training - so my available time for renovation will be retricted as i try and catch up with the rest of you on the lost fitness!!

The Club needs your help to make it look good before the DS - please help.

Regards,

Property Pete

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies toilet has been emulsioned. Oh ya dancer !

Gents has had one coat. Paint is in the above-mentioned rectangular tub in the kitchen if someone wants to do the final coat

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

• Members

We urgently require painters to complete work asap

I will be in clubrooms Thursday 7:00pm till 8:30pm

and can be available Saturday morning if required.

I am currently building gates so exterior painting can take place week prior to Don smith.

I'll be down Thursday to finish off the grouting,then I;ll help with anything else.Martin

I would love to help out if I could get a lift back from the club rooms

Is there an up to date list of outstanding items?

• Members

Painters required on Saturday morning to de graffiti outside wall. Should only take an hour if a few turn up.

Kenny,

I'll be there for the exterior cleaning /painting. As far as inside is concerned, all there is to do now is to paint the walls in the Ladies and lay the carpets - then its just a matter of tidying up and we can finish the rest later.

Cheers,

pete

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

I can make Saturday afternoon from 1pm if of use. Could get key from Pete if reqd.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• Members

Hand dryers will not be ready for sunday , and showers on indefinite hold till we can arrange Scottish power to upgrade main fusebox.

Plasterer ? was supposed to arrive Tuesday?

So we need some handtowels for Sunday, paper or otherwise.

Anyone got a source? unfortunately their like hens teeth in school at present( end of financial year)

Kenny,

Most people bring their own towel for general washing, but I will see if I can get some papers towels from work, or alternatively supply a couple of actual hand towels that should be sufficient for people just washing their hands.

I will be down tonight after work to get on with the emulsion and carpets.

Pete

towels are sorted .......

Kenny / pete please see Pm.

Steve

Stevie,

How have you sorted the towels?

The maintenance guy at work is providing me with loads, but we can always keep them as standby.

See you later - I will be there from 5.30 'till 7.30

Pete

Pete ,

Friend of mine has them for me which he is dropping of tonight.

He can get many more free of charge!

Will see you later Pete.

Stevie