Saturday 20th October

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hello everyone!

My new leg arrived courtesy of NHS GG&C. Thinking of taking it out for a spin and feeding it some of the Bagel Basket's finest after a lumpy climb over from Greenock. Anybody fancy it? Meet at club rooms 9am

Andy

Bit manky early on but brightened up into a nice autumn day.

71.5 miles all in for me. Was convinced we were pottering early on but judging by my louping legs

we had a good workout.

Richard, I think you should check for protruding spokes, 4 punctures must be more than bad luck.

:grin:

• Members

I've changed the tyres, George. The rim tape was moving a wee bit on the front wheel, but nowhere near enough to let the tube get to the spokes. I think I'll change the rim tape - again! - anyway. I did discover the source of my juddering front brake - massive dents in the rim. New front wheel required. Waaaah!

I meant to say - thanks for the tubes, Andy and Alan. I've got two here for Mark O already. I'll get you replacements this week.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A very fine day out. As George said, manky start but brightened up after Gourock. George's EPO kicked in a wemyss bay and I was thoroughly shattered before the 40 at Largs where Ross made a brave but doomed long range attempt for the 30. Richard taught him a lesson and everyone was happy come Das Bagelhausen. After showing leg scars to all over a cup of cino we headed back up Brisbane Brae. Properly beautiful. I only had a big ring at the front so major show of solidarity by all as the bunch ascended the brae in the big ring. No jokes here. They've been shared. The one about teeth was particularly yuk! Back up the Westferry and (for me) an exhausted crawl back home. How I've missed the bike these last four weeks!!

Andy