Bit of advice please, Oh no i hear them say

wiggowanabe

After watching posts being put up here for a while and feel part of the bunch even though i have never met anyone before its time to plunge into the depths and buy my first road bike. I have a couple of options that I quite fancy which will follow but I thought i had better give you my aspirations first to see what suits best. As i said before I have never had a road bike before though have ridden bikes on and off for years and am looking to get a bit more serious. Obviously at the beginning i will be in the beginners to get used to cycling with other people and learning other stuff but i would like to take part in races and so on a bit further down the line and so on. I guess the same reasons as most people join a cycling club for. Anyway I plan to spend around £1000 i have already bought shoes and got clothes so just the bike awaits. The couple I have looked at are....

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Mekk-Mekk-2G-Po ... _50699.htm i would obviously have to change wheels as thats what most reviews say

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Spe ... _54928.htm

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/tre ... e-ec040343

These are the 3 I have looked at and fancy but if anyone else has any views or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking, Chris

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chris,

Welcome to the Bunch (and the club?).

I haven't really looked at the bikes you have posted up, but am really on to just let you know that our club sponsor is Dooley's Cycles, who have a good range of bikes and can probably get you something for the money you have to spend. Worth a visit.

Have fun choosing.

Cheers,

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Chris, just echoing what Ramsay said. I was in Dooleys on Friday, they're selling Dooley branded full carbon bikes with Campag Veloce for about your budget (I was trying not to look too closely - can't afford another bike). Sure they'll have a Shimano variant if that's what you're after.

Worth going in for a look and a chat.

M

All the bikes are nice but i would have a chat locally and see what they can offer, this is a good time to buy as most shops will offer some discounts

pros with buying locally you will be able to sit on it and get an idea if the bike fits you

Decide what you want it for racing ? or long rides or both then buy to suit what you want to do now and next year so you dont have to replace it.

At the prices indicated i would also look at the Bianchi ( which one i like merx ) which one you should buy dont know

And welcome

I've seen two of the Dooley's winterbikes since the weekend and they look like a nice investment which would cover both winter and summer riding. I don't use Campag but from what I understand the Veloce groupset is the workhorse of their range

KennyS