Base Training week 1,4 Satring Monday 01/10/12

Guest EPCC

Billy

thanks for all your work and advice.

I managed one weights and one turbo session this week then bust all the ligaments in my left ankle in Wed night (didnt even involve drink, DIY or pushing the damn bike)

Looks like a 6-8 week recovery but hopefully I can start some light exercise in 2-4 weeks.

Simple question - is it better to delay the start of the program and follow it as planned

or

can I knock a week or 2 off base, build and intense phases and finish as planned?

cheers

Alan - now focused on the fat building stage

Alan

Sorry to hear about your injury hope you heal quickly re the plan I would recommend starting when you have recovered both the base and build requires at least eight weeks

Where you could gain a few weeks is in the last two phases as I extended them from what we did last year

That would take 4 weeks less time but realistically the intention was to get the fitness levels up to a point what that point is you decide

End of week one and start of week two

So what have you done. you should have completed two gym sessions total 2 hours and two turbo sessions total 2 hours so the important indoor work equals 4 hoiurs

Outside 3 1/2 to 4 hours , if you were being good max hr zone 3 so total time 71/2 to 8 pat on the back if you have completed at least this. If not why not you will onlly get out what you put in.

Goal setting time have yopu set your goals for next year mine are fairly simple get my weight down to 75 kilos and finish in the bunch in a cat 4 race. yours can be whatever but set them.

Hows the body after the weights sore ? it should pass for info this is the weights i use

Squats 60 k using olimpic bar and 70 on the smiths

One leg squats 30k

One leg step ups 32k

One leg press 90lbs

One leg curls 25

one leg ext 34

Calf raises 60

Bench 40

Curls 20

Hope you enjoyed week one if too easy up slope by one or move to numbber 4 in series

:icon_redbounce

Week 2 completed again you should have done at least seven hours of training , during week three you should be increasing the weight you are lifting .and if completing the turbo drills easily notch it up by one across the whole set

Remember to keep to the cadance and gear

This week is about stamina and strength so in joy as after the easy week 4 it starts getting harder

Those who have power on turbo we should start to get some tests done for your FTP as its needed for the build phase

• 2023 Subscriptions

Struggling to find out how to safely do max squats on my own!

I am using the weights in the clubrooms, but cannot lift enough over my head to do max squats, especially not without either dropping it through the floor or doing myself a mischief!

Any thoughts? :-?

Major problem Ramsay

So change squats to max leg press then stick in either squats utilising the dumb bells or one leg squats from a seated position holding weights

The kit is really not suited as we don't have a squat rack