30 milers - Sunday 12th August

carol cowan

• 2023 Subscriptions

In order to avoid clashing with the Glasgow 100 sportive routes, how about this tour of local villages:

Millar Street 9.00am - track to Lochwinnoch, Kilbirnie, towards Beith, loop around to Barmill,Gateside Road,Greenacres and down Bowfield hill to Howwood,through village and back road to Weavers Cottage Kilbarchan, over hill to Bridge of Weir, Torr Road towards Kilmacolm and loop around Auchenfoil/Auchentiber Road and into Kilmacolm. Coffee stop and then options back to Johnstone. Approx. 35-40 miles.

Who is coming out to play ?

Dave

Hi guys

Good run today thanks to Dave for the route we even enjoyed the bit when we got lost for a short spell :grin: . A few unfamiliar faces out today and we were treated to the presence of a main bunch rider thanks to Tom Hill for taking the easier pace in his stride well done to Allan for giving the hills a go Oh ya dancer ! today also proves we still need to improve on our shouts for obstructions etc changeovers were not as smooth as last weeks but we can improve on this and the weather was nice aswell

Greig & Elaine Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for welcoming me in on a good steady run on what turned out to be a glorious day. A good steady pace and everyone stayed together.

My one point, which I think would benefit everyone in the group, is that you should all climb at your own speed. The faster ones can go on at their pace and the slower can climb at their speed without undue pressure of feeling they are holding others back; that way everyone gets a workout, pushing as hard as they want to, with everyone regrouping at the top of climbs.

I really enjoyed the day and there was good banter all the way round.

Thanks guys

Tom